G5 Radion red and green flashing light

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I wake up today to one of my G5 radions off. It was flashing red and green. I did a software update and it was saying open circuit? I started multiple times and turned it off and on. I also cleaned the lens and around the fan as I normally do every so often. After about an hour of messing with it finally came back to life for about 5 minutes and I thought it was good. I was wrong and it then blinked a few times and it back to the red and green light on the buttons. Has anyone had this happen before?

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some LEDs failing on that G5. I'm getting more and more of these G5 lately. You know who to call ;)

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I wake up today to one of my G5 radions off. It was flashing red and green. I did a software update and it was saying open circuit? I started multiple times and turned it off and on. I also cleaned the lens and around the fan as I normally do every so often. After about an hour of messing with it finally came back to life for about 5 minutes and I thought it was good. I was wrong and it then blinked a few times and it back to the red and green light on the buttons. Has anyone had this happen before?
I have two G5 blue boards with leda that I upgraded to G6. If you want to test.

samorti12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some LEDs failing on that G5. I'm getting more and more of these G5 lately. You know who to call ;)

Hey i have a radion g5 pro, it just flashes and all the buttons flashes red , can you fix it ?

Alvaro_PMN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I had the same issue not too long ago, but during the warranty period. Contacted EcoTech, sent the defective lights (G5) and they sent me back a new one (G6).
Their customer service was excellent.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back