Galaxea question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slocke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I started to have some tissue recession on my gold galaxea, however, think this was a water quality issue not stinging as these corals cohabitated for some time without issue.

My instinct is that galaxea of the same species can touch. But that is just my instinct based on my experience.

I agree that I think most the specimens in the hobby are probably the same species but I can’t be sure.

@encrustingacro what species of galaxea do we typically see in the hobby?
 
I started to have some tissue recession on my gold galaxea, however, think this was a water quality issue not stinging as these corals cohabitated for some time without issue.

My instinct is that galaxea of the same species can touch. But that is just my instinct based on my experience.

I agree that I think most the specimens in the hobby are probably the same species but I can’t be sure.

@encrustingacro what species of galaxea do we typically see in the hobby?
I think it's astreata, though fascicularis is more common in the wild, so IDK.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new