Gap Between Rimless Tank and Stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter drewhoog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drewhoog

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, new to the reefing community and I just purchased a 20 gallon cube tank. I built a stand for it and noticed that I have some slight gaps between two of the corners. Is this an issue, and if so, how can I fix it?



IMG_6986.jpeg

IMG_6985.jpeg

IMG_6984.jpeg

IMG_6983.jpeg
 
If it were possible, I would remove the top piece of plywood and replace it with another. Maybe not sand it it?
It looks like maybe you put the top on and sanded it, but maybe a little too heavy in those corners?

go with a A-C grade of plywood?
 
OR,,, add a second plywood layer on top of the first. Then take some 1/2" thick x whatever the exact thickness of the 2 pieces of plywood and wrap the exposed seems/edges. Miter the corners of course.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new