GARF Bonsai color fading

Good job!! As stated up front, with the proper lighting/flow/husbandry techniques.... anything can recover and be sustained.
 
Good job!! As stated up front, with the proper lighting/flow/husbandry techniques.... anything can recover and be sustained.

Indeed, but this time I just feel like I lucked out! "Let me try..." and it worked. Clearly there was nothing wrong with my water parameters, it was just getting too much light.
 
Just had to come back and post an updated photo:

p1010347-jpg.867955
 
its coming back for sure. Give it some time it will look just like a GB! I love mine, that deep blue and yellow polyps. mice indeed
 
Definitely looking good! If you want faster growth and deeper colors you can feed your fish a bit more, but if you like the lighter look then keep doing what you're doing.
 
Thanks! I have been feeding more lately, and trying to include coral specific things in the mix as well. Reef Roids, BRS Reef Chili, New Life Spectrum Reef Micro-Feeder, even some Red Sea Reef Energy now and again. I definitely want the deeper colors and faster growth! Recent numbers:

Hanna Alk: 8.34dKh
Red Sea Pro Ca: 490
Hanna ULR Phos: 0.02
Red Sea Pro Nitrate: 16
Salifert Mg: 1500+
Salinity: 1.026

With the extra feeding I've been trying to keep the Nitrate under control with a little NOPOX dosing. Seems to be doing well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new