Garf Bonsai RTN

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasonrusso
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,434
Reaction score
2,437
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My garf bonsai has been growing like a weed, yesterday I noticed a small white spot, today the whole bottom is dead! Can I save it? Cut it and dip it in iodine?

IMG_20210505_185951__01.jpg
 
I would definitely frag a piece or two very far from the infection. I never have luck with iodine dips but I believe others have.
 
I would definitely frag a piece or two very far from the infection. I never have luck with iodine dips but I believe others have.
That's what I did. Left about 1/4 strip of live tissue between my cut and the dead stuff.
 
That's what I did. Left about 1/4 strip of live tissue between my cut and the dead stuff.
Good luck. The bonsai is one of my favorites.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new