Garf Bonsai Vs Bali tricolor

  • Thread starter Thread starter maroun.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks Again for all the replies and pics. Its getting a lot clearer :)
Very nice specimens and pics everyone!
 
Like everyone said, Garf bonsai has a deeper purple body and brighter green pe!
bonsai%20colony.jpg

And the frag of the tricolor
tricolor%20valida_1.jpg
 
At that point the coral is still encrusting. So it is basically considered new growth. New growth tips on tri-color can be same color purple as garf. On tri-color the different colors show up as the growth ages. It has no vertical growth. So it can be either at this stage. You may not be able to tell for awhile.
 
Welcome to the forum Sonn and Thanks for your reply.
Thanks TAb 28.
Drernesto Lets just call it "Nice" at this stage :)
 
That's my Bali tricolor, or at least I think it is ! but I am sure it came from Indonesia :)

29831296440_ee42ee0047_b.jpg
 
76e3cea0dc0f25e256d9c31e070304a2.jpg

I couldn't resist posting a new picture of my nice Bali tricolor valida or Bonzai [emoji6]
Look at the growth... you can compare it to the above pictures... and I fragged many pieces..
By the way thanks Maroun for the original frag
 
That's my Bali tricolor, or at least I think it is ! but I am sure it came from Indonesia :)

29831296440_ee42ee0047_b.jpg
My guess is bonsai for this one Fadi, but I've been known to confuse the two, hence this thread :)
Best way to tell is ill pick up a frag from you and do a direct comparison to mine :) :) :)
Tank is coming up very nice can't wait to see it soon hopefully ;)
 
76e3cea0dc0f25e256d9c31e070304a2.jpg

I couldn't resist posting a new picture of my nice Bali tricolor valida or Bonzai [emoji6]
Look at the growth... you can compare it to the above pictures... and I fragged many pieces..
By the way thanks Maroun for the original frag

Looking great. And yes it's a fast grower I've seen it grow to mini colony size in 6 months. Once those tiny growths on the crust pick up it'll shape up very quick.
 
My guess is bonsai for this one Fadi, but I've been known to confuse the two, hence this thread :)
Best way to tell is ill pick up a frag from you and do a direct comparison to mine :) :) :)
Tank is coming up very nice can't wait to see it soon hopefully ;)

Ohhh Fadi?! The same Fadi that I know?
 
No, this Is Fadi From Jordan based in Saudi. The Fadi you know is based in Lebanon
Unless you guys have met?
 
Nope... I thought it was our Lebanese Fadi [emoji6]
Yah I am The Jordnain Fadi, nice to have you here in R2R drernesto, add anotrher Fadi to your friend list :)
 
My guess is bonsai for this one Fadi, but I've been known to confuse the two, hence this thread :)
Best way to tell is ill pick up a frag from you and do a direct comparison to mine :) :) :)
Tank is coming up very nice can't wait to see it soon hopefully ;)
I am having the same confusion here, and you are always welcome to come and visit and check the tank :)
 
Here are my pics from my previous tank.
Mariculture tricolor, gets blue tips with green base and white branches with neon green polyps. Doesn't need a nice name and pricetag to be beautiful.


Garf bonsai is solid rich purple, very hardy and has neon green polyps. There should only be purple on the whole body of this coral. Like said above, it grows very tightly grouped branches. Maricultures will look much different and people confuse these with true garfs and also tricolors because they look like a mix of the two under higher light.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new