Gathering Thoughts From Noopsyche K7 V3 Users

LittlePieceOfTheReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

Need some help regarding lights. I really need new lights for my aquarium because I just bought a few LPS and the light I have I feel could be way better. I’ve just heard about the @noopsyche K7 V3 light and an interested in everyone’s overall thoughts who’ve had experience with the lights. I’m new to reefing and can’t shell out the kind of money it takes for really high end lights. My aquarium is 36x12x22 …do you think I’d be good with one light fixture? Everyone, please chime in!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a solid light. Will grow anything. One light may be enough. You may have to raise it to get better spread. The specs says 24×24 area raising the you will get better spread and more light spill
Controlability is good. Spectrum is good.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running two 36” 21LED Reefpro, 50/50 with the Sunsetter Control, on my 65 gallon. Soft and Hard Corals, have outgrown my tank, till it’s a mess, LOL. Building a 120 gallon, and a pair of 44” ReefBars should be here on Tuesday. If I need more, I’ll add them later, as the lights are slim.

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed this light on my 24x24 sps cube last night. It previously had a radion G5 on it but I wanted to add the radion to the 3 I have on my 180 gallon. Honestly I can say I’m presently surprised with it. I saw colors in my acro last night that I’ve never seen with the radion. You could probably put one on a 3ft, but you’d probably have shadowing and darker sides. If it was me I’d be using 2 on a 3ft

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed this light on my 24x24 sps cube last night. It previously had a radion G5 on it but I wanted to add the radion to the 3 I have on my 180 gallon. Honestly I can say I’m presently surprised with it. I saw colors in my acro last night that I’ve never seen with the radion. You could probably put one on a 3ft, but you’d probably have shadowing and darker sides. If it was me I’d be using 2 on a 3ft
Agree but you could use the lower light areas for coral that like less light.

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running two 36” 21LED Reefpro, 50/50 with the Sunsetter Control, on my 65 gallon. Soft and Hard Corals, have outgrown my tank, till it’s a mess, LOL. Building a 120 gallon, and a pair of 44” ReefBars should be here on Tuesday. If I need more, I’ll add them later, as the lights are slim.
Any luck customizing a schedule on the Sunsetter controller?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

Need some help regarding lights. I really need new lights for my aquarium because I just bought a few LPS and the light I have I feel could be way better. I’ve just heard about the @noopsyche K7 V3 light and an interested in everyone’s overall thoughts who’ve had experience with the lights. I’m new to reefing and can’t shell out the kind of money it takes for really high end lights. My aquarium is 36x12x22 …do you think I’d be good with one light fixture? Everyone, please chime in!
I have six over a 6ft 180 gallon tank and love them. Corals have never looked better and at 70% I'm able to get 300 - 350, par down low where my clams are. You could try one but may need 2 depending on tank layout and coral placement. Two with mounts would still be less than a single xr15.
Noopsyche are not the only lights I run.
I have radions xr15 gen 4, AI hydra 26, and a reefbreeders photon V3. While they are all fine lights I think the noopsyche offers the best bang for the money.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back