Gatorpa build thread.

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here goes my build thread.

Although not a new build, a little background may be helpful.

Started in the hoppy in 1998. At one point I had a 125 Predator reef and a 75 gallon SPS dominant tank with 6 4 ft VHO(9 watts per gallon) that was a lot of light by those standards. Did a ton of fragging to support the habit.

Got married and started having kids and as it goes I downsized to just the 75 and paired back the live stock to keep things easier.
August of 2020 had a house fire. Luckily no injures and the tank made it though just fine. A total rebuild and three moves while that was going on and the tank still did great but was mostly softies, a couple 20 year old clowns, and a six line wrasse also about 15 years old.

House got done and it was time to move in so an upgrade was in order. ( Jan 2022)

Tank is a Prostar 150
Return pump Current efflux 1900 gal/hr
Skimmer Reef Octo 150ss

Lighting is two Maxspect R5 300w, started with one but when they had a big sale I added a second to replace two fluval marines from the 75 gallon.

Added and Apex and Trident in May of 2022
Added CO2 scrubber with outside air line in May of 2022
Added a coralife 25w UV sterilizer in August of 2022 after a house sitter froze my house which cause an ich outbreak.

Live rock is a mix of fiji, caribbean elkhorn and tuva, allis at least 20-25 years old.

Sps dominant with some LPS and softies thrown in.
Recently started a 60 gallon low boy frag tank in the garage that now houses most of the over growing softies, leathers, kenya tree, some palys and xenia.

Fish: purple tang, blue tang, three clown fish(had 4 but you know what clowns can do), 3 lyretail anthias and a clown goby who can be a dick.

Dosing is done with a Kaomer pump for ATO and. neptune DOS for extra Dk and Ca.
Manual trace and Mg

As I’m just started the thread now I’ll post picks from the last year in chronological order

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gatorpa

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original 75 Gallon

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpeg
    IMG_0139.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 28

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.8%
Back