gauging interest in yellow tang(s).

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B'ham or N AL only please
I have a trio of yellow tangs (2"-3")I got in late Jan from Marine Collectors. Seem to be having some personality clashes. They have yet to settle down and it's frankly making me a little crazy. I am considering getting a fish trap and trying to get one or two out. I got them right before the ban so got them for a decent price ($200/ea). These are fully quarantened, conditioned, and pest free (see link for Elliott's med regimine https://www.marinecollectors.com/pages/why-us ). At this point I'm just trying to see if there is anyone in the area who would be interested in buying one if I can catch it/them). Just looking to recoup my cost. I could hold in my refugium for a couple days, but would want it out pretty quick after capture (which could be a while, I don't have a trap yet).
Again, haven't made up my mind, just thinking out loud (or whatever this is).

Video from when they were behaving, back in the good old days :p

Erick375

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, good luck.
I have a fish trap you can borrow, and if/when you want to borrow that Par meter just let me know.
As to the yellows, they are my least favorite tang. I've gotten all the fish now in the tank except for the tangs and I think I'm going Kole Yellow Eye, Blond Naso and Blue. Trying to figure out how to quarantine and add all three to the DT at the same time.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, good luck.
I have a fish trap you can borrow, and if/when you want to borrow that Par meter just let me know.
As to the yellows, they are my least favorite tang. I've gotten all the fish now in the tank except for the tangs and I think I'm going Kole Yellow Eye, Blond Naso and Blue. Trying to figure out how to quarantine and add all three to the DT at the same time.
That would be great. Those Kole's are hard to get now with the Hawaii ban in effect. I will say I've been thrilled with Elliott at Marine Collectors. He medicates, quarantines them, and gets them eating prepared foods. You pay for it, but I'm just putting them straight into the display. He's working a group of Bimaculatus Anthias for me right now. Blond Naso is prob my last addition after them. I also have several 55G tanks empty at the momement if you wanted to try and quarantine anything separately.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back