Gel Filters for IPhone 6 Question

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a stack of gel filters I bought off of EBay. It comes with so many ( looks like paint color samples lol)sorry for the stupid question but how do you use these? How do you know which color to use?

The main problem I have had is way too much blue in the pics I've taken.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used these myself, but I'm looking to buy a filter for my DSLR. The ones used for underwater photography are the red/cyan color. This takes the blue out and corrects the color to a more natural spectrum. It won't necessarily correct it completely however. So, just keep that in mind. If I were you I would just take all of the red toned ones you have and try each one. Use the one that looks most accurate to your eye. Good luck!

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Go for an orange gel. 95% of those filters will be junk. Just hold it In front of the lens and look through the view finder / screen. You will imediatly know which ones to choose from. From the swatch book I have I only use one. It makes the picture look like the corals actually look. I'm not a fan of tricks to sell coral.

Sometimes I use a phone macro lens, but that's even trickier. I have to hold phone, macro, and filter. Look at my avatar pic!

And sometimes you can't get a good pic, but there are different factors to that.

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh another thing.

If there is too much blue for the filter you will still get blue. There is a transparency that the filter can handle.

No filter

Filter

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back