Gel Glue for fragging.......Aleene's ?

Mbc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read several posts on gel glues for fragging. I think we can all agree that the cost of the glue is crazy. I have been using gel super glue $$$$$. It has been suggested to use Aleene's Jewelry Metal Gel Glue but I was wonder if Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue is the same. I do not have the benefit of comparing the ingredients or I could figure it out.

Anyone?

Eli J.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read several posts on gel glues for fragging. I think we can all agree that the cost of the glue is crazy. I have been using gel super glue $$$$$. It has been suggested to use Aleene's Jewelry Metal Gel Glue but I was wonder if Aleene's Clear Gel Tacky Glue is the same. I do not have the benefit of comparing the ingredients or I could figure it out.

Anyone?

If I were you, I would get a bottle of Eco tech coral glue, you can get a huge thing of it (250ml) for around $50. Upfront cost is pretty high, but super glue adds up to be much more for the same amount.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use alleenes jewelry metal glue I like it is really thick plus where I get it hobby lobby they always have a 40% off coupon every week ;)

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

calvo15290

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1366853461.615015.jpg
I use this this one thing has lasted about 8 frags n still has some I just bought that coral glue from dr foster and smith because it dubbles as Aquas shape glue

Andrew calvo

Zenjimatsu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BCI gel glue for everything I do. The Ecotech glue sets faster for sps frags, but its expensive when you're making a lot of frags. One of the fish stores on Ebay has it for $6.50 a tube and $6 a tube on their website if I remember correctly.

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Super Glue Gel from Dollar General You get 2 tubes in a package for $1.00. Very cheap and works just as well!

backpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use any cyano super glue gel. I put them in the freezer so they don't set to fast. Loctite seems to work fairly well for me with the push on the side applicator.

Rize2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Super Glue Gel from Dollar General You get 2 tubes in a package for $1.00. Very cheap and works just as well!
I use this glue also after finding out that my LFS uses it! But here it has 3 tubes for $1. It works just great for me

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a gel super glue that contains cyanoaclirite (not sure on spelling)

Don't use Ecotech's glue, the bottle is impossible to squeeze and water gets sucked into and ruins all of the glue.

kar2oons

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I usually clean them out when I need more LOL the manager started ordering more because of it :p

ugluk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
add another one for the dollar tree 3/$1.00 packs. I wouldnt say they are doing a great job, but for their price they are. I mostly do zoas and think that a glue not so thick and more runny would work better for me. Anyone have any experience with the Boston Farm glues? My fish store guy recomended it.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
locally, we have Dollar Tree, 3 .07 oz per pack for $1.

add another one for the dollar tree 3/$1.00 packs. I wouldnt say they are doing a great job, but for their price they are. I mostly do zoas and think that a glue not so thick and more runny would work better for me. Anyone have any experience with the Boston Farm glues? My fish store guy recomended it.

same here,it works as good as any other gel glue I've used

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back