Gem tang eye issue

Tangdome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is going on with our gem tangs eyes and is this permanent? We have had this fish for about three weeks. It definitely had some travel stress, and has not been eating great. We noticed some white raised bumps on both its eyes + cloudiness and assumed a possible fluke issue. Does not have any visible signs of white ich on the body. The cloudiness has continued to get worse. Did a FW dip and treating with prazi currently. Does any one have any ideas on what we are dealing with? Not sure if this gem is blind at this point & can even see. It has started eating a bit more the past few days but I have to drop the food right in front of its face. Feel bad for the little gem.

IMG_7076.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is going on with our gem tangs eyes and is this permanent? We have had this fish for about three weeks. It definitely had some travel stress, and has not been eating great. We noticed some white raised bumps on both its eyes + cloudiness and assumed a possible fluke issue. Does not have any visible signs of white ich on the body. The cloudiness has continued to get worse. Did a FW dip and treating with prazi currently. Does any one have any ideas on what we are dealing with? Not sure if this gem is blind at this point & can even see. It has started eating a bit more the past few days but I have to drop the food right in front of its face. Feel bad for the little gem.

IMG_7076.jpeg

Both eyes are cloudy? If so, it is probably damage from flukes (Neobenedenia). The FW dip will buy you some time and the prazi will help kill the parasites in the tank. I can't see any ich spots, but it could also have that issue as well.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

IMG_7076.jpeg
How are you applying and using the prazi treatment?

danreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got My gem tang shipped and he came in bad shape had signs of flukes than had the same cloudy swollen eyes and I am treating with prazi pro and antibiotic in the water .. what happened to your tang ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got My gem tang shipped and he came in bad shape had signs of flukes than had the same cloudy swollen eyes and I am treating with prazi pro and antibiotic in the water .. what happened to your tang ?

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Feel free to start your own thread about your tang - the issues may or may not be the same. This post explains how to do that:

Jay

danreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_7076.jpeg
What happened to your gem tang ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back