Gem tang on divers den!

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else see the gem tang on live aquaria today? And only 3000$. My dream fish and the first one I've seen for sale


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
:ooh:Must be because its so rare.Sure does not look like a 3000$ dollar fish. How often do these come up for sale?
 
I walked into a fish store in Phoenix Arizona called aqua touch last week and they had one for sale in the store. I don't recall the price but it was a beautiful fish.
 
I walked into a fish store in Phoenix Arizona called aqua touch last week and they had one for sale in the store. I don't recall the price but it was a beautiful fish.

They are asking 2300 witch is not bad the one there selling is 5-6 inches
 
Are they hard to collect? I've never understood the price tag for these beauties, I love them but for 3000 I could set up an amazing reef


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Even if I hit the lottery I wouldn't spend 3k on a fish! Even $300 would be pushing it for me. If i ever get to that point, I hope my family finds a good institution to commit me to. :D

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
 
I see them a couple times a year. Prices I've seen range from $1800-$3000. One thing for sure though; you won't beat the service of LiveAquaria.
 
I just saw one for first time at buddies shop in Vero beach fl. My friend offered him $1k cash and he laughed. Then sold like 2 weeks later for only $2500! Too Rich for my blood though.
 
I see them a few times a yer on live aquaria. Very rare and expensive and I like the purple tang better and it's only like 120 lol


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP on my iPhone5
 
If anyone is wondering why these are so expensive, I'm pretty sure it's because of where they're from, and there aren't many collectors.
Amazing fish, nice looking one. Most of the ones I've seen look brown/black unlike this one.
 
Men in white suits will deliver it to your door. Ha ha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new