Gen 5 Radion XR-15 Intensities

Pyr0FoX77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I've been doing some intensive research into the intensities of the radion xr-15s. I can't seem to find a forum or article that answers my question.

From my understanding, it's a tiered system. Your individual sliders are the intensity of your individual diodes, the point intensity is the overall intensity of your lighting at that point and the schedule intensity is the overall of your total schedule.

For example: Individual Blue is set to 100%, point intensity set to 60% and schedule set to 60%. Being cumulative percentages: (100%*60%)*60% = 36%.
Does that mean that I would only be achieving 36% of the total output of my desired schedule?

I plan to rent a PAR meter within the week to test my system, I just want to maximize my efficiency without bleaching my corals. I have 2 Gen 5 XR-15 Blue's mounted above my Reefer 250 spaced via BRS's recommended spacing for equal coverage.

Brad

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get any accurate par numbers? I have basically the same set up and am curious what your findings were?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back