Gen 5 Radion XR-15 Intensities

Pyr0FoX77

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
23
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I've been doing some intensive research into the intensities of the radion xr-15s. I can't seem to find a forum or article that answers my question.

From my understanding, it's a tiered system. Your individual sliders are the intensity of your individual diodes, the point intensity is the overall intensity of your lighting at that point and the schedule intensity is the overall of your total schedule.

For example: Individual Blue is set to 100%, point intensity set to 60% and schedule set to 60%. Being cumulative percentages: (100%*60%)*60% = 36%.
Does that mean that I would only be achieving 36% of the total output of my desired schedule?

I plan to rent a PAR meter within the week to test my system, I just want to maximize my efficiency without bleaching my corals. I have 2 Gen 5 XR-15 Blue's mounted above my Reefer 250 spaced via BRS's recommended spacing for equal coverage.

Brad
 
What par levels are you looking for upper , middle and bottom of reef?
 
Did you ever get any accurate par numbers? I have basically the same set up and am curious what your findings were?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new