Gendering neon blue goby

Owenphipps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have one neon blue goby and am looking into breeding them, it all seems pretty simple just a fair bit of work, but there is one thing i have yet to find the answer to. Can you sex neon blue gobys or is it just a case of putting two together and hopping for the best.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not bred this specific fish, but my understanding is that they are difficult to tell the difference between female and male. If you start with only two fish then you have a 50% probability of having one of each and then the chances go up as you add more fish until you have six fish and then the increases in probability are minimal (3 fish - 75%; 4 fish - 88%, 5 fish - 94%, 6 fish - 97%). Of course because neon blue gobies are territorial then you most likely will need a tank that is large enough for five to six fish especially once at least one pair starts to pair off. Good luck!

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No differences between male and female. They are very small when they hatch and challenging to raise.
FB_IMG_1575262822273.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back