German reef aquarists

armyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I'm half German and born and raised there, do we got a German section where we can involve the German aquarists esp. if they can't speak or write English? Have learned a lot from my German friends in the hobby, they always seem to have some fantastic equipment!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any direct links specifically to that but I can name a famous German pico reef aquarist, Daniel Knop worth searching and reading about.

Large scale reef business owner, a sage of the hobby, and I do believe he's published too. Can be found in the various German reef forums online via translator apps. I know that's not what you were aiming for but its still fun reading and research to see his various works.

OP
OP
armyguy

armyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the new german LEDS, expensive as all get outs but might get some great results, he's the editor for the Koralle magazine, no need for a translator app, can read Deutsch :D, hopefully some Germans run across this forum and decide to pitch in some threads etc

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
German section where we can involve the German aquarists esp. if they can't speak or write English?
Unfortunately, one of the site's rules (https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms) presents an issue here:
* The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

OP
OP
armyguy

armyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats unfortunate, but it's all good, glad I can be a part of this great reef-keeping community, may the force of the corals always be with you :)

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats unfortunate, but it's all good, glad I can be a part of this great reef-keeping community, may the force of the corals always be with you :)
If they're willing to use Google translate or the like to turn their text into English prior to posting, that would certainly be acceptable. Mind you, we realize things won't translate perfectly, but most would be willing to drudge through the discontinuities to understand the meaning.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the best part of international reefing in ten countries is that xlator in all of them calls a reef aquarium a microwave for the other party. we learned to adapt over the years, I think ive pico reefed every forum in the world. I think the remotest venture was this website I found some place in Russia with only a few people discussing reef aquariums in a language that wasn't Russian but the xlator still worked it well enough to converse. using translator internationally opens up a -huge- discussion point beyond what we're used to the practice is 100% fun.

Last edited:

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I'm half German and born and raised there, do we got a German section where we can involve the German aquarists esp. if they can't speak or write English? Have learned a lot from my German friends in the hobby, they always seem to have some fantastic equipment!
Good equipment, great cars and fast highways.... I buy all techs for my tank from Germany (as it is much cheaper than Belgium), but also my favourite online coral shop is German too.
On this forum there are lots of Europeans, but would be somehow rude to ask for different languages subforums. Will be the same mess as Belgium - 3 official languages and forth to come sooner or later, still people from south having hard time to talk with people from north - and this in a 300 km country.

OP
OP
armyguy

armyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you getting your equipment from in Germany? Talking about the autobahn, wish I could take my Porsche out on a spin right now rather than 70 mph lol! You have 3 languages in Belgium???

dacianb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where you getting your equipment from in Germany? Talking about the autobahn, wish I could take my Porsche out on a spin right now rather than 70 mph lol! You have 3 languages in Belgium???

:) I dont afford a Porsche, just an Audi, but still never get to his full speed - going over 200 km/h is somehow too much for me. Keeping it at 180-200 is OK.
Yes, northern half speaks Dutch, southern half speaks French and on eastern border German - still, thanks to NATO headquarter, dozens of EU institution in Brussel and all international companies around more and more often people speak English. I work in Belgium company where official language is English.
I am using Meeresaquaristik for hardware for my tank and WhiteCorals for online corals shop.

OP
OP
armyguy

armyguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have an Audi a6 v8, very fast, 230 km pushes my limits haha, I will check those websites out. Just saw your post for some weird reason, cheers

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back