OP
OP
Jgerm

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great read, thanks for all the detail, very helpful! Going to send out my first ICP for the moonshiner method soon. Happy to see it worked so well for you! You’ve done an amazing job with you build. Happy to hear you’re on the mend from the AEFW’s! Can’t wait to see what it looks like in another year!
Thank you for the kind words! It is a very happy tank and even though I had to battle the AEFW pests it has been an enjoyable 2 years. The future is bright!
C9D9FA79-CB97-4E00-A3D6-D67F961C5D34.jpeg

OP
OP
Jgerm

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New things happening this year. Going to have to do a tank move in a few months. Currently building a designated fish room behind this wall and have 2 independent 20amp GFI plugs. Im not looking forward to disassembling this tank because it has been doing so well but don’t have any other option. Will have updates coming soon.

AA728796-3AC0-48E5-BC3D-AC2D36DA8E22.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New things happening this year. Going to have to do a tank move in a few months. Currently building a designated fish room behind this wall and have 2 independent 20amp GFI plugs. Im not looking forward to disassembling this tank because it has been doing so well but don’t have any other option. Will have updates coming soon.

AA728796-3AC0-48E5-BC3D-AC2D36DA8E22.jpeg
We are here so don't despair.

OP
OP
Jgerm

Jgerm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m focusing on the positives here though. I will have well healed frags of every coral I have in this tank transferred to a friend’s frag tank for a few months while I get this tank settled again. I’m taking the opportunity to make some changes to the setup to help simplify maintenance. I will say though it has been a fairly low problem design from setup. I’m pretty impressed with how advancements in lighting, filtration, and powerheads have made this hobby much more enjoyable. I come from the days of airstone skimmers and multiple maxijets for flow. Lol

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m focusing on the positives here though. I will have well healed frags of every coral I have in this tank transferred to a friend’s frag tank for a few months while I get this tank settled again. I’m taking the opportunity to make some changes to the setup to help simplify maintenance. I will say though it has been a fairly low problem design from setup. I’m pretty impressed with how advancements in lighting, filtration, and powerheads have made this hobby much more enjoyable. I come from the days of airstone skimmers and multiple maxijets for flow. Lol
Totally with you on design ideas and proper equipment to minimize upkeep requirements. My frag system was quite the Rube Goldberg contraption with three tanks and three sumps all plumbed together. Silly me. My new setup is infinitely more manageable. Someday, I might tidy up the cords. Been saying that for about 10 years.

IMG-6125.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back