Getting a BTA to move

  • Thread starter Thread starter GeoSquid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GeoSquid

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2010
Messages
653
Reaction score
648
Location
SoCal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a BTA in my tank for about 4 months. It settled in the back of my tank where I can't see it. I've read a few ideas like using a power head, but has anyone tried shading it with a rock to where it might creep up to the top of the rocks to access light? I don't want to upset it to the point it starts moving around the tank. I just want it to creep up to the top.
 
You can try shading it but it's going to go where it wants to. If you leave it where it is, you'll start to see it more as it grows bigger.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new