Getting Back Into Reefing!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Minnesota my fellow reefers!

I've been around saltwater tanks and reefing since my dad got his first reef setup when I was one year old (now 26 years old). I loved his tank and knew the scientific names of every critter in there within a few years! After being out of the house for a while and getting myself to a stable point I've started to really miss having a reef to gaze into on a regular basis. Sooooo... 4 months ago I came across someone selling an up and running healthy 10 year old 75 gallon tank with a sump, heavy duty wood stand, matching wood canopy, a reef octopus skimmer, 2 power heads, tons of live rock from Fiji and sand all for only $300. It felt like a sign. Sold!! The only living things were 2 fat clowns so I had a fresh start. I transferred everything to my place, cleaned it up a bit and have started turning it into the tank it always deserved to be. My first coral I put in was a 2 headed piece of frogspawn from the colony my dad got as his first coral 25 years ago when I was 1 year old. Kind of cool to have a coral in my tank that has been in the family almost as long as I have :) I've added plenty of other stuff but I wont get into that here. I will just say I am thrilled to be doing this again.

Happy Reefing!!

Hello and welcome to the channel.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back