Getting back into the hobby after a 5 yr break.

Reef_prop88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

pelicansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the hobby!

This is a great place to find a lot of information from a friendly group of people. My wife and I got out of the hobby for a while when our kids were growing up. We had a 125 our first time in the hobby and now have a 220 mostly SPS reef and a 90 mostly LPS reef. We're talking about a 450 as a Christmas present to each other. My only advise is enjoy and check in here regularly.

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, like most the people introducing themselves on here I am getting back into the hobby after a few year break. I previously had a 125 gallon tank dedicated mainly to fish and mushrooms. This time around I have a bit of a bigger budget for equipment so I will be looking to dive into learning the ins and outs of sps corals. I am setting a 29 gallon up for a year or so to learn on with plans of setting up a 200+ gallon next year once I have everything figured out.

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 19

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome! And Welcome Back!! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back