Getting clown pair to move hosts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyleinpdx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kyleinpdx

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2016
Messages
685
Reaction score
659
Location
PNW
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last year and a half my pair of ocellaris clowns have been hosted by my large pink goniopora, more recently they have begun to irritate the goni and I decided to try and get them to move on. About a week and a half ago I added a large RBTA, its currently about 8-10inches from the goni and in full view of the clowns but they havent so much as investigated the BTA. Anything I can do to help them migrate? Thinking of drilling some holes in a tupperware container and placing it over the goniopora until they get the message. Any other suggestions?
 
I don't know how large it is or what it is attached to, but maybe you could place the goni next to the rbta and see if the clowns will follow, then move the goni back to where it was?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new