Getting Ice Cap 4k Gyre (Hydros) below 25% speed?

onlyreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have an Ice cap pump that they control on the Hydros app, able to get the fan speed below 25%?

The schedule allows for settings lower than 25%, but the only way the fan turns on is if you turn the output on, which only allows for 25-100% speed. Choosing the auto will bypass any lower than 25% setting.

IMG_5804.png

IMG_5805.png

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can not go lower than 25%. This is the slowest speed the pump will run at. This is not unique to The Ice Cap Gyres the Tunze Streams are the same way as well as all other DC pumps.

Normally if you are using the device-specific controller rather than the wave engine this doesn't matter because they set the software so that a true 25% reads as 1% but that isn't actually true. The pump needs a certain amount of power to turn on and the software simply tells you this amount is 1%. The wave engine being a multi-pump controller is telling you the truth. The pumps can only go down to 25% power and still turn on.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same on the Maxspect gyres-this appears to be a limit of the pump hardware not the controller.

OP
OP
O

onlyreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can not go lower than 25%. This is the slowest speed the pump will run at. This is not unique to The Ice Cap Gyres the Tunze Streams are the same way as well as all other DC pumps.

Normally if you are using the device-specific controller rather than the wave engine this doesn't matter because they set the software so that a true 25% reads as 1% but that isn't actually true. The pump needs a certain amount of power to turn on and the software simply tells you this amount is 1%. The wave engine being a multi-pump controller is telling you the truth. The pumps can only go down to 25% power and still turn on.
Makes sense now, thanks!! !!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back