• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Getting out of the hobby sale PPEs, Peachy Rainbows

kappaknight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys... we're in the process of moving to another part of town and rather than keeping everything and maintaining them, I've decided to leave the hobby for now. You know how it is... find your dream house then suddenly your dream tank becomes some 350+ gallon monster that will take over a year to setup.

Anyway, I need to get rid of some stuff so we can stage the house better to sell it. Below are some things I'm selling that I'm also willing to ship. Local Atlanta pick-up is preferred but basically I'll do what it takes to get them out.

12 polyp PPE frag $400 shipped. If a few of you are interested, maybe you can buy it and divided up amongst yourselves.

n5727773_35216570_3178.jpg

Zoa rock w/ 5 different kinds of zoas $150 shipped
Contains mint chocolate chips, turquoise zoas, mustard colored zoas, blue/purple zoas and the big green ones

n5727773_35232408_1807.jpg

Large colony of Georgia Peaches / rainbows / w/ a neon green monti up top. All of this is located on a big chunk of LR. $450 shipped. Again, very nice polyps on a huge piece of LR. You can definitely get a good amount of frags from this and get your money back easily.

n5727773_35232414_3006.jpg

I also have some other corals for sale and if you're interested in anything in particular, feel free to ask me if I have them. Please PM me if you have any other questions. Thanks for your help!

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if Kappa is checking here...i'll send him a message on our club forum (atlanta reef club).

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything just yet, but I bought his PPE's and I have to say be very wary of this guy. His main priority is money first. He sent the PPE's Fed Ex Overnight standard instead of priority which would have only cost $4 more. The problem is it was sent from atlanta to indy then to me, but in indy there was a mechanical issue with the plane so it an extra day. If he sent it priority there shouldnt have been any problems as it would have went straight to me by 1030 instead of going to indy. Oh, and he ships in zip loc bags, and by the time they got to me, there was no water and i REALLY don't think theyre gunna make it.

OP
OP
K

kappaknight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can understand why Mike's ticked but frankly neither of us could have foreseen the FedEx plane having mechanical issues on the critical day. Had I shipped it by 10:30am and that plane had problems... would we still have the same debate now?

Attached is the pic he sent me when the zoas arrived a day late. They don't look ecstatic from extended traveling but they don't look like they're melting either. All the polyps still look like they're retaining water. What do you guys think? Does it look like it'll make it? It's been a couple of days now and as far as I know he hasn't said they're withering or melting or anything. He's just annoyed they haven't opened up yet and I've told him even if it had been shipped perfect, sometimes it takes a few days to open up as well.

Attachments

• ppe2.jpg
    ppe2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They definately don't look happy...IME when they look like that they never open and just melt, though it does take a while.

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt really want to make this a big deal on the boards and rather have it more private but if you insist
im more mad about you not doing everything you could to ensure their survival
if you did EVERYTHING you could have, then theres nothing to argue about
the fact that you shipped in zip locs that are known to leak and shipped standard instead of priority are the problems.
ive shipped many a times priority in this heat without issues yet yours shipped in 2 days are doing worse then ones that ive shipped in 3 days
its more about packing than anything else
and another thing, that pic actually makes them look like they have a chance, in person theres only one or 2 polyps that even look remotely like theyll survive, the rest are almost COMPLETELY transluscent, the top 2 polyps you can kinda see it but in person compeltely clear
but again, i'll wait your 10 days like you asked and after that we'll go from there

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and i like how he also shows the pic that makes them look more alive
heres the OTHER pic i sent him as well
also the pic of the bag i received and all the water that was left
im not even sure if he added more water or not since the box was fairly dry

DSC09555.jpg

DSC09553.jpg

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope you guys can work this out... the frag looks like it's pretty much on its way out. even in the 1st pic kappa posted, i can see a slight case of brown fungus developing on few of the polyps.

Marine Flora

marine planted tanks
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fate,

sorry to hear that your transaction didn't go smooth. you might want to keep that frag in a dimly lit area w/ moderate flow (help ease some of the shipping stress). if the frag was healthy before shipped out they should pull through. hopefully they do pull through for you.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to interject to much but if the plane had mechanical issues it wouldn't have mattered if it was standard or priority they would have been on the same plane. The sort facility in your town would have processed the priority first and then standard. But the fact that the plane had an issue wouldn't have mattered. They don't select what planes packages get on based on priority or not....... I hope this turns out ok for the both of you, personally I would put them in a bit og high flow and mod to dim lighting to reduce photo stress and the more current would possiably help out with keeping the polyps clean......I have had polyps look like that and never been shipped just sitting there and melt and some come back......Good luck with them....

OLDSUN

Polyp Hospice Worker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping Anything

Zip lock bags, thats first grade isn't it? At least a moist paper wrap.:confused:

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zip lock bags was a VERY poor choice. considering we even had a spotlight on shipping that explained how to do everything step by step....... :rolleyes:

as far as fedex standard vs priority shipping.....nothing you can do there. i most always use fedex standard. if the buyer wanted fedex priority they should have stated that. but i doubt it would have mattered if the plane had mechanical failure...

i hope it makes it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back