Getting ready to take the plunge

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R! Here you’ll find that people are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I hope you start a build thread. We’d love to see your build as it progresses.

I also feel that bigger is better. You’ll find it easier to keep stable and you’ll be able to keep more corals and bigger/more fish if you desire.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
Welcome.gif

OP
OP
morkin

morkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I think I am all settled on the Red Sea now. I am just awaiting the final budget and planning permission from the boss, if you know what I mean ;)

I will definitely start a build thread when I have things finalized. That way we take this journey together!

_Jake_Simek_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If you are looking at Red Sea, I would personally go with an equivalent Waterbox or Cade. Red seas have nothing but issues. I have a Red Sea and im just waiting for it to bust a seal. But do your research too. Like others have said, if you are looking at something like a Red Sea, you will end up there eventually. Always buy assuming you will upgrade one day. In my opinion, go with the big size first. I started with a reefer 350 and its the perfect size for me right now. Im glad I didn't go smaller.

OP
OP
morkin

morkin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If you are looking at Red Sea, I would personally go with an equivalent Waterbox or Cade. Red seas have nothing but issues. I have a Red Sea and im just waiting for it to bust a seal. But do your research too. Like others have said, if you are looking at something like a Red Sea, you will end up there eventually. Always buy assuming you will upgrade one day. In my opinion, go with the big size first. I started with a reefer 350 and its the perfect size for me right now. Im glad I didn't go smaller.

Thanks for the info. Certainly some food for thought.
I did hear about a spate of seam issues with the older reefer tanks, but I thought they had identified the problem and fixed them. I am not sure if the newer G2 reefer models will suffer for these issues.

_Jake_Simek_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. Certainly some food for thought.
I did hear about a spate of seam issues with the older reefer tanks, but I thought they had identified the problem and fixed them. I am not sure if the newer G2 reefer models will suffer for these issues.
You are going to do great in this hobby i can already tell, you do your research. yea that’s definitely true, so far I personally haven’t heard anything bad about the new ones.

CoachRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish you were closer, my EVO is for sale right now. I never had the problems people talk about with stability. I am thankful for that. That little tank ran like a top. I did have experience with marine over the years before that though. What I didn't like about the tank was how quickly I ran out of room to do what I wanted. That being said, I would go to the larger tank first if you know you want to have a larger one. I was only in the smaller tank for 6 months.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back