gflat's SPS

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I had lost my kit lens, so when I found it, I had to bond a little. It gives the better shots of the tank in many situations, though it seems to harden the shot a little. The acans and micros are in different tanks. I had to get a few shots of the acans before they get beaten to a pulp (time to frag again;)).

I didn't get any FTS, but will. The tulips are about to be eradicated... Luckily, they don't do too much damage most of the time.

Picked these guys up from Sustainable Aquatics at the Knoxville swap. I never would have thought to buy fang blennies, but since Matt raised them, I had to have a pair. I'm loving them. They add color and activity to the tank. I don't know if I got lucky with a male and female, or if they'll grow out of the comraderie phase, so I'll keep an eye on them.
fang-blennies.jpg

fang-blennies02.jpg

fang-blennies03.jpg

fang-blennies04.jpg

125md.jpg

125mdlf.jpg

125mdrt.jpg

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ptang.jpg

gsm.jpg

An ORA tricolor
ora-tricolor.jpg

From an ORA valida
valida-colony.jpg

A different tricolor (fishdoc) (garf PB in one of the general tank shots-also from fishdoc-can you tell I like tricolors?).
tricolor-valida.jpg

Not sure what this one is, but is similar to the Aussie delicate. It has more color, though.
mini-stag.jpg

Not sure on this one, either. Gomezi? Colors like a Ca tort.
blue-green-gomech.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice Gary... :)

those blennies are cool esp coz they hang out together... looking forward to seeing some FTS... don't forget to add them to the Official FTS thread.. :)

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you plan on killing the mojanos, i have one in my tank and would like to kill it before it spreads. also i heard somewhere that those fang blennies are venomous

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do Marvin:).

Tommy-those are actually tulip anemones-not as bad as majano and Aips in terms of killing (they die-but they do reproduce about as fast as Aips and majano's, so if you miss one...). These all came from two about four years ago... A nice serving of thick kalk paste does the trick.

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, that's what I think to be A. aculeus (I'm growing out an ORA MI fuzzy green to see if they are the same, as others have mentioned-similar, but not sold yet). I wish my PL's were that big. I've got two frags, but they are still frags (won one at the ETRC swap:)). I'll see if I can get some macros of them. I'm breaking up my tank room work projects/set up with picture taking:). I can procrastinate to anything...

mecold-I've been looking for some different growth forms. I picked up the suharsonoi and a couple of small pieces of what I think are multiacuta (green, hinting to neon). The multiacuta is similar to the suharsonoi, except it is fatter. I also found a few pieces of what I think are loripes (seem to like subdued light). The acans are about to get whacked (hopefully this weekend), so I had to get some shots before I go through some size reduction;). I'd like to move my micros in with my acans, but I don't think there is room in the 22... Maybe another upgrade:D:D:D.

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife is at a work dinner, so I got crazy with the camera. Still not great shots, but I can see a huge improvement with the current off.

Cephastrea corner
This guy is bleached, but I see some potential in the polyps (must have forgotten to run that one through PS...)
ceph01.jpg

ceph02.jpg

ceph03.jpg

ceph04.jpg

ceph05.jpg

Duncan colony
duncans-1.jpg

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some SPS

Spindly stags
ORA Aussie delicate
ORA-delicate01.jpg

My favorite mini stag (still coloring up:))
mini-stag-colonies.jpg

mini-stag02.jpg

ORA Hawkins 'echinata'
ORA-hawkins.jpg

A. turaki
turaki.jpg

I dubbed this one the gflat tort when i got it a few years ago (rcmike from MTRC was kind enough to replace it for me when I moved and lost it).
gflat-tort-1.jpg

Bought as tiny 'lokani' frag.
lokani.jpg

Rose acro that is still coloring for me (maricultured)
rose-acro.jpg

What I think is A. mulitacuta. I think the ORA Phil's granulosa is the same.
multiacuta.jpg

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that my PL grows fast up top but turns green, I move to bottom of tank then it turns yellow but grows EXTREMELY slow:sleepy2:

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clue on this one? Not even sure of rough genus.

mystery01.jpg

mystery02.jpg

Spotted Watchman
goby-1.jpg

Sunset
sunset.jpg

Tricolors
ORA valida
ORA-valida-2.jpg

ORA MI tricolor
ORA-tricolor-1.jpg

Garf Purple Bonsai (ORA MI is close, but not the same...)
garf-PB.jpg

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the PL's
PL04.jpg

PL01.jpg

PL05.jpg

PL03.jpg

I'm thinking of calling this one the Emerald Forest Fire Near An Icy Glacier Bay Monti (or for marketing purposes, EFFNAIGBM:D). What do you think:D?
purp-rim-undata.jpg

This one is similar, but isn't undata-ish (more danae-ish). It's the Evergreen Forest Fire Near An Icy Glacier Bay Monti (blue rim forming-EFFNAIGBM for short).
81875b31.jpg

70b9ff9e.jpg

Just a shot of the clowns
26711dd3.jpg

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a few pan shots I played with. The bluer one is from the Landscape function and the other from the Av function.

3pan.jpg

4pan.jpg

OP
OP
gflat65

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tommy. I'll have some of the undata there (first one), but most likely not any of the second one. I just got it in Atlanta about a month ago, so it has some growing to do. I can't wait to see how it finishes. It is picking up more blue. If it keeps the blue, green, and orange polyps, I'll be very happy:).

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 158 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 54 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back