GFO and carbon separate, but in same reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter MUTiger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MUTiger

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
51
Location
Kansas City, Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0889.jpeg


Has anyone tried to use one BRS deluxe reactor for both GFO and carbon, but keeping the media separate?

The attached picture shows how I would like to do it. I could then set the pump to slowly tumble the GFO, but the carbon would not tumble as it is compressed between two sponges.

Would this work?
 
I don’t find any of them simple. Maintenance PITA. I prefer a media bag in the sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new