GFO & Carbon In Same Reactor But Separated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lpslover
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lpslover

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
10
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about finally getting a reactor, and I only have room for one. I've seen lots of people run GFO and Carbon mixed together and packed at the top of the reactor. But I'm wondering if anyone has tried running the carbon packed at the top and the GFO loose underneath. Theoretically, the GFO would tumble, and the Carbon would be flow through, this would be ideal for both, or so I understand. Anybody tried this? Or have I lost my mind here? (Totally possible.) :wink: Thanks for any thoughts you have.
 
I would think it would be close to impossible to get the flow correct for both since GFO requires so little flow to work properly and prevent grinding....although I guess that would be the case with them mixed together as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new