GFO reactor and Rowaphos

Mr.Guy83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,
This is a newbie with a newbie question.my phosphate in my reef has hovered around .09-.1 since the tank started. 4 days ago I purchased a reactor and some rowaphos in hopes of bringing the number down. Ive had it tumbling gently in the reactor for 4 days and decided to test my phosphate via a Hanna checker thinking I was going to see a considerable difference. But I didn’t .09 was the reading. So I decided to test the water coming directly out of the outlet and my reading was .08. Am I doing something wrong or does it take a considerable amount of time for the numbers to drop. I decided to use rowaphos because I’ve heard such good things about it. Please help. Thanks
Background:
Why #1: because I was using phosphate E. To lower my number , but per ICP my tank had extremely high levels of lanthanum.
Why#2: the individual I normally purchase from keeps his level around .03 and the corals always pale and retract polyps when entering my system

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its .08 then it’s almost exhausted or you are not using enough, how much did you use? I use rowaphos calculator.com

Btw some will disagree but I wouldn’t mess with .09 if it’s consistent there

OP
OP
Mr.Guy83

Mr.Guy83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its .08 then it’s almost exhausted or you are not using enough, how much did you use? I use rowaphos calculator.com

Btw some will disagree but I wouldn’t mess with .09 if it’s consistent there
2 tablespoons. I have a 40 gallon system with 8 sps frags

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back