GFO reactor options

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i am just looking for suggestions for my 200G tank. My phosphate runs at 0.24. And i am looking for ways to lower it down. Would a GFO running a reactor do it? My sump is getting croded what reactor do i need to get the job done? And also reactor setup in sump? First chamber to return chamber? Or it doesnt matter?

get-salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hello, i am just looking for suggestions for my 200G tank. My phosphate runs at 0.24. And i am looking for ways to lower it down. Would a GFO running a reactor do it? My sump is getting croded what reactor do i need to get the job done? And also reactor setup in sump? First chamber to return chamber? Or it doesnt matter?
You can start with BRS single kit and GFO. Plumb it from return to return or from other chamber to return - wherever you have room for the small pump - kit comes with a control valve ( must install it, very useful when control flow ). Use recommended amount of GFO, rinse it before you actually run it in your sump - you can put the pump inside of a 5 gal bucket with RO water and let it rinse out into your bathroom tub until it runs clear then put into sump. For the flow, you just want it to BARELY tumbles in the canister. Run it over night if your phosphate level is super high or 4-6 hours if your current level is low, wait an hour then test your level.

IMG_0482.jpeg

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran gfo I used a small aqua medic reactor as the sump was quite tight. It had a small footprint and didn’t take up much room at all, and it had a built in pump which made things easy.
It dropped my phosphates and did the job and I now have activated carbon running in it. IMG_8762.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back