GFO Tumbling Unevenly

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put 6 tbsp of BRS high capacity GFO (used the calculator on their site) in my TLF Phosban 150 reactor. I'm having trouble tuning it though. To get all of it moving I have to turn it up enough that one side is really flowing fast. Am I missing some trick to get it to evenly distribute?

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sponge between the GFO and the red diffuser. Should I take the sponge out?

Cjud7982

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never get my gfo to tumble evenly in my brs premium reactor either. I never did figure it out because I have tore that system down and have yet to set it up on my new system. The one thing that I always wondered was the levelness of the unit. My unit always was tipped slightly so I think that is what caused my issue. to my knowledge if it just gfo then, you shouldn't need any sponges to hold it still. I will have to look up the model of reactor you have to understand what diffuser you are talking about.

OP
OP
TheEngineer

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been messing with the level of it too. It seems surprisingly sensitive to that.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every reactor I have ever used did the same thing.......I just gave up and let it tumble however it wanted to. I think it has to do with the GFO just being compressed down tighter in some areas.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back