- Joined
- Jan 29, 2019
- Messages
- 4,269
- Reaction score
- 24,539
- Location
- Oxford, Pennsylvania
- What state or country do you live in
- Pennsylvania
I'll throw in my own 2 cents only because you're earnestly searching for answers and brainstorming, not bc I consider myself an expert. The vivaspectras are really powerful and put out a pretty full spectrum. That could be a contributing factor.
I think a chaeto fuge is very wise, but it's probably too soon for it to be making a huge impact. Be sure it has a kick butt fuge light.
I feel your pain. How can it be a nutrient issue when most tanks run higher levels, have at least a hint of algae here or there, but it does not take over?
I tend to subscribe to the concept that after the initial explosive outburst of algae, it became the primary consumer in your system. I found this post very interesting.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/1...mmonia-is-causing-your-algae-problems.558661/
I think a chaeto fuge is very wise, but it's probably too soon for it to be making a huge impact. Be sure it has a kick butt fuge light.
I feel your pain. How can it be a nutrient issue when most tanks run higher levels, have at least a hint of algae here or there, but it does not take over?
I tend to subscribe to the concept that after the initial explosive outburst of algae, it became the primary consumer in your system. I found this post very interesting.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/1...mmonia-is-causing-your-algae-problems.558661/


