GHL 2.1 Doser + KH Director

AZG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi...So I’ve been saving up for some new gear. This is first on the list. Come Easter my busy season starts, and the thought of alk being automated pleases me. I don’t own a calcium reactor so I would be dosing with soda ash. I’m thinking, use three channels on the 2.1 for director, and the other for soda ash. Then continue to use my Brs 1.1 for calcium. Thoughts?

So basically I would like to hear others experiences with these products. Pro and cons. Is it worth $800? I understand the app is kind of a pit, why? If owned what was your expectations, and were they met. Thank you for you’re time.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto @WWIII I'll add you in here to share your thoughts. To my knowledge the app just had a massive revamp to fix the issues and prep it for the new ION Director. The App has always been a bit of a sore spot with most GHL owners but they are upgrading it continually and I myself have no issues with it now.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The GHL Connect App has come a long way in the last year. It very easy to use

The app has been very stable, and they continue to enhance the options within the app on almost a monthly bases.

Is it worth the $800, yss I am very happy with the KHD Director it been keeping my tank within .1.

Aakarl101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into purchasing one of these directors as well. I would be interested in hearing cons if anyone has any, other then price.

Is it worth waiting for the Trident?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aakarl101 - I am not going to say this is an con :) but more just good to know it does take a while to dial it in if and when you want it to begin adjusting your tank. As each tank is different we can provide only the hints and tricks when we did decided to go from monitor to control :)

A couple of people have posted about squeaky doser heads so you may want to keep a spare pair just in case, I have not had that issue.

The unit is rock solid, the ability to replace the tubing, or the probe, or even repair a dosing head is a big plus also :) It also very easy to find space for it as the unit Is sleek in design and stacks nicely.

Aakarl101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Aakarl101 - I am not going to say this is an con :) but more just good to know it does take a while to dial it in if and when you want it to begin adjusting your tank. As each tank is different we can provide only the hints and tricks when we did decided to go from monitor to control :)

A couple of people have posted about squeaky doser heads so you may want to keep a spare pair just in case, I have not had that issue.

The unit is rock solid, the ability to replace the tubing, or the probe, or even repair a dosing head is a big plus also :) It also very easy to find space for it as the unit Is sleek in design and stacks nicely.

Thank you! My research showed it’s amazing. Guess that’s the route I’m going.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back