GHL 4e Controller Connection Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening folks,

I’m currently at a loss. I i stalled the GHL connect app on my iPhone and was successful in adding the device and accessing the device. Today, I have been unable to connect to the controller. I keep getting a message about unable to connect and connection issues. I’ve went even further as to connect the controller to the PC via USB. I’m unable to connect via PC. What am I missing here?

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve had in the past, for some reason or another, my ip address for the Profilux would be one number off and not connect via the app. Double check that in the app and make sure the profilux has the correct host IP address. Not sure about connecting via PC

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so frustrated that I deleted the app figuring that I would start fresh and add the device and so forth. I can’t even do that via the app. It’s having issues connecting to the internet. I’ve reset my router, modem and restarted the phone and still can’t add the controller to the app.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect via PC after I upgraded a driver. I was also able to add the device to my phone app. I locked the phone for a minute and when I opened the GHL connect app the device is no longer listed on the app. This is beyond frustrating. Something so simple as accessing your equipment is so frustrating. And it seems that I’m not the only customer who is having difficulties with the GHL connect app.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you enable the cloud sync option on your phone? What version got the GHL connect app are you running? I assume the latest version? A21EE470-47B8-401D-B253-73EB9C698A6C.jpeg

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you enable the cloud sync option on your phone? What version got the GHL connect app are you running? I assume the latest version? A21EE470-47B8-401D-B253-73EB9C698A6C.jpeg
@Ditto I’ve attached a screenshot of the same menu. All my settings are the same. I also updated the firmware yesterday.
1B40A137-B8AF-402B-A275-5AB185D1DD6F.jpeg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, figured I would add this, did you set up the P4 with a Static IP address?

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg I did not. I set up the system originally with the auto setting.
I would definitely set it back up using a Static IP Address. Every time your router drops out, or every time you have a power flicker or outage it will change the IP address of the P4 with the auto setting.

@Ditto , anything else come to mind?

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely set it back up using a Static IP Address. Every time your router drops out, or every time you have a power flicker or outage it will change the IP address of the P4 with the auto setting.

@Ditto , anything else come to mind?
@Billldg Do I have to reset the entire controller? Back to factory reset? There is a video that Ditto made on YouTube on setting up the wifi using static IP. After doing that, will that enable me to add the unit onto the GHL app?

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to go to the GCC and change it there and save it. Go to System, communication, then change there. No need to factory reset it. I would look at the IP of the P4 that was assigned to it and use that IP Address as you know it is available. As I am still earning the P4 myself, lets have @Ditto chime in first before changing as I do not want to steer you wrong.

@Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg Do I have to reset the entire controller? Back to factory reset? There is a video that Ditto made on YouTube on setting up the wifi using static IP. After doing that, will that enable me to add the unit onto the GHL app?
No need to reset anything.

Just connect to your controller, go to the NETWORK page, view the CLIENT settings and enter your new Wi-Fi info there. You can also use the Wi-Fi setup article in our Knowledge Base for more detailed instructions.

John362

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easier to just tell your router to always allocate the same ip. If you do it on ghl and the ip address is not available it will not be able to connect. Routers allocate ip on first come first served unless you reserve one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back