GHL ATO Question

muhnandr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Just bought a GHL controller. I have a new Tunze ATO waiting my new build, but should I just buy the GHL float or optical sensor and go with that instead? Thanks

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your preference.

Makor Upsides to the switch imo:

Be alerted via email if the ato runs too long or doesn’t run at all, able to turn it on and off with your cell phone, set max run time.

I don’t know how much of that the tunze can do as I setup my ato with GHL from the start, but if any of that seems worth it, than you have your answer.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he has the Osmolator 3155 it has an optical sensor for on/off, backup float sensor for high level off and max run time for off.

My preference is not to have all of my eggs in one basket. So I would install the Tunze.

I have the 3155, but I also have an optical sensor on my P4 that would alert me to a low level in the rear chamber of my AIO. This would indicate if the ATO stopped working or if the container went dry. But this would only apply if I was not home for an extended period of time, as the 3155 would let me know first by its audible alarm going off that it ran too long.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there ya go. No major advantage to the pro4 besides internet connectivity.

For what it’s worth, I am bringing water up from the basement from a 50gal storage container so the tunze was not an option I could explore, but it sounds like it covers all the major bases for sure.

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use them both. Allow the Tunze to do what it does by controlling your sumps water level and use the GHL to control the Tunze. Let the GHL monitor the ato container and shutoff the Tunze if the water level gets too low. Then the controller can notify you of that event via email or text.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back