GHL Flow Sensor 5000 l/h connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am frustrated and do not know why GHL doesn't have clear support for this sensor. They sell union joints for hard plumbing only. I have a UV Sterilizer that I am wishing to connect using 3/4" silicone tubing. I have been asking back and forth with GHL via email and after a week, I still do not have an answer. I found a possible connector sold in England? (Do I really have to have this sent over the Atlantic in order to connect my sensor?)
I emailed GHL to get a Yes or No on the connector. Would this work? Their answer was "It's a 1 inch connector on each side". What about the threads? I spent 1/2 hour in Home Depot with assistance trying to find a connection that may work.

If anyone can help, id appreciate it.

I am also trying to connect the Profilux 4 to the Tunze Recirculation pump Silence electronic but there seems to be no way to connect the Profilux Tunze connector to the Turbelle Controller that comes with the unit. I am surprised that GHL doesn't have a step by step guide on what is needed to connect and how to do the connection.

Help?

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 12.56.08 PM.png

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen this video on how to set up a Profilux to a Tunze powerhead?:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am frustrated and do not know why GHL doesn't have clear support for this sensor. They sell union joints for hard plumbing only.
Up until a few months ago, they didn't have those available! Was super hard to try and hook these up here in the states.

What UV are you using? I know AquaUV uses standard pvc (hard or flex).
Just get what they offer now, a pvc adaptor that converts down to 3/4" thread, and this... https://amzn.to/31RvQTx

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am frustrated and do not know why GHL doesn't have clear support for this sensor. They sell union joints for hard plumbing only. I have a UV Sterilizer that I am wishing to connect using 3/4" silicone tubing. I have been asking back and forth with GHL via email and after a week, I still do not have an answer. I found a possible connector sold in England? (Do I really have to have this sent over the Atlantic in order to connect my sensor?)
I emailed GHL to get a Yes or No on the connector. Would this work? Their answer was "It's a 1 inch connector on each side". What about the threads? I spent 1/2 hour in Home Depot with assistance trying to find a connection that may work.

These are the unions you want to go on the sensor.

to adapt up to 3/4” hose you need a 1/2“ slip to 3/4” slip. Then glue a 3/4” slip - 3/4” barb into it.

do you already have the sensor? If not go up to the 9000 and get the unions that fit it. Then you only need the 3/4” slip x 3/4” barb.

here’s my 9000 as an example.
03D50A76-71E5-4F94-A0C1-95E6536C622A.jpeg

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am also trying to connect the Profilux 4 to the Tunze Recirculation pump Silence electronic but there seems to be no way to connect the Profilux Tunze connector to the Turbelle Controller that comes with the unit. I am surprised that GHL doesn't have a step by step guide on what is needed to connect and how to do the connection.

Help?

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 12.56.08 PM.png
@AZMSGT beat me to it :)

Just be thankful that GHL USA was even able to find and stock the imperial fittings for the EU based flow sensors. I heard they spent forever sourcing them. Only a few companies make these Vortex sensors and from what I have seen most of them use metric threading's. I had to get a set of the hard couplers from GHL for my Aquatronica 9000L/h Flow sensor which is the same sensor as the GHL's except Aquatronica does not even sell an imperial fitting.

So you first need one of these from GHL.
Imperial flow coupler for 5000l/h

So from what I am reading that gives you a 1/2" female pipe adapter to work with.
You should be able to easily go to home depot and get a 1/2 to 3/4" adapter and then attach the 3/4" barb to that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef Stallion

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen this video on how to set up a Profilux to a Tunze powerhead?:

Thank you for this. I did not see this video. The Tunze controller that comes with the pump I bought looks different than this and there is no plug at the top to connect the GHL cable.

OP
OP
Reef Stallion

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up until a few months ago, they didn't have those available! Was super hard to try and hook these up here in the states.

What UV are you using? I know AquaUV uses standard pvc (hard or flex).
Just get what they offer now, a pvc adaptor that converts down to 3/4" thread, and this... https://amzn.to/31RvQTx
I purchased the Vecton V2 600.
Thanks for the link!

OP
OP
Reef Stallion

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the unions you want to go on the sensor.

to adapt up to 3/4” hose you need a 1/2“ slip to 3/4” slip. Then glue a 3/4” slip - 3/4” barb into it.

do you already have the sensor? If not go up to the 9000 and get the unions that fit it. Then you only need the 3/4” slip x 3/4” barb.

here’s my 9000 as an example.
03D50A76-71E5-4F94-A0C1-95E6536C622A.jpeg
Thank you guys!

OP
OP
Reef Stallion

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AZMSGT beat me to it :)

Just be thankful that GHL USA was even able to find and stock the imperial fittings for the EU based flow sensors. I heard they spent forever sourcing them. Only a few companies make these Vortex sensors and from what I have seen most of them use metric threading's. I had to get a set of the hard couplers from GHL for my Aquatronica 9000L/h Flow sensor which is the same sensor as the GHL's except Aquatronica does not even sell an imperial fitting.

So you first need one of these from GHL.
Imperial flow coupler for 5000l/h

So from what I am reading that gives you a 1/2" female pipe adapter to work with.
You should be able to easily go to home depot and get a 1/2 to 3/4" adapter and then attach the 3/4" barb to that.
Thanks!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back