• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

GHL HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

NefTunzReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered a GHL magnetic stirrer for my GHL doser 2.1 from Premium Aquatics, which turned out to be defective. I immediately notified the vendor who contacted GHL representatives for a new replacement. The GHL reps emailed me with questions about the unit and any troubleshooting advice. Mind you, I already went through these exercises with this $40 stirrer and it simply doesn't stir reliably. Instead, the GHL rep made me jump through hoops including sending them a video proof, implicitly assuming that it is all user error and cannot possibly be due to their product. To make matters worse, after reviewing the video proof, the GHL rep had the audacity to say that "if I still felt the product was defective", then to send the unit to them and they will test it themselves. what the heck?!!? Do I still think their product is defective?!?! Really???!!!??

Suffice it to say that Premium Aquatics has been more customer friendly than GHL and have agreed to give me a full refund.

No more GHL products for me going forward after this horrible customer service experience with their reps!

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had quite the opposite. @Marco@GHLUSA @Vinny@GHLUSA and @Cristina@GHLUSA have answered all my questions super quick, and I had a lot. I'm currently in the process of adding a KH Director and doser, and they lead me in the right direction when making my purchase.

I tagged them so they could see this.

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a GHL 2.1 sa that I have not been able to sync to wifi and help is always directed to a pdf manual. The app always crashes ( you have disconnect and reconnect like 10 time just to refill containers) when using the built in wifi. There is NO customer service that I can see. Shame because the equipment has alot of features that are desirable.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a FB group and a support ticket system on their site. I've had them personally call me and remote into a PC to work the issue. File a ticket or email [email protected]

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had nothing but noting of bad issues with them. i went through two units... and then when one of the dosers off the four failed.. they sent me a replacement and I had to disconnect the unit.
replace the housing motors and reassemble. Oh.. and by the way my magnetic stirrer failed in months. I did not even bother to call them to try and resolve given my past history. Sorry GHL buy you guys need to change your business model. I have been in the industry all both sides for 30 plus years. I can understand issues with development and new tech and some bad days .. but what I had to go through to get the unit to work.. not great.. and for those trying to set up skip the pc .. ( i had it hard wired becaused the Wifi is not great on the unit .. router was 50 feet away and was told to move it closer? So I went with hard wired and set up for days on pc.. eventually I now only use the app on the phone and do not try to login to it on my pc.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to hear about Premium Aquatics customer services OP. That saved you.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back