• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BRS tried screwing me and HORRIBLE customer service

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
So, I've spent 5k with them in the past 3 weeks. One of those purchases was the apex pro bundle with the trident. I get it today, and the pump doesn't work. It won't pull from the reagents or sample line, and just does a red light. Horrible grinding then high pitch whine.

I go to their customer service chat, and they say they can't do anything, and I have to talk to Neptune. He "hangs up" the chat on me. I get chat again with PLEASE DO NOT END CHAT with whats going on. The person gets on the chat and immediately ends the chat. I get on chat again, and it is the same first guy and says only neptune can help me.

Their website has posted where they will replace it within 30 days no cost to me due to manufacturer defect/warranty.

I finally get someone on the phone, and he is no ray of sunshine, and I tell them I'm pretty ticked at being denied and "hung up" on. He kept trying to talk over me while I was trying to say what happened. He finally issued me a return label, but wouldn't send a replacement out today. I asked to speak to a manager, but he said they would call me back. I literally had to tell him why I wanted to speak to the manager in detail before he would be okay with it. I doubt he will get a manager to call me back. He should of got me switched to a manager so I could file a complaint and tell him my experience.

They have my money, I don't have the working gear, and I will have to wait probably weeks for them to get it, and ship me out a new one. HORRIBLE!

I'm almost at the point where I am just going to return all the **** I bought from them and buy elsewhere. Imagine spending 5k and having to go through this. I haven't bought anything since 2021 when I took a break from the hobby, they weren't like this.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
The manager called me back, and apologized, and sent out a replacement for tomorrow since I shipped the original trident back about an hour ago. A lot of failures, but at least, they made it right by shipping out the replacement overnight tomorrow.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about the experience today when first reaching out. Sometimes the chat system when many come in can disconnect them and that's something we are working at better scaling for times like now. I'm glad our support manager was able to get in touch and get the replacement sent out with expedited shipping for you.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs is usually on point with customer service IME. Glad it got worked out

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I'm sorry to hear about the experience today when first reaching out. Sometimes the chat system when many come in can disconnect them and that's something we are working at better scaling for times like now. I'm glad our support manager was able to get in touch and get the replacement sent out with expedited shipping for you.
Lets be real here. The chat system isn't to blame. I've used the chat, and never had issues. I hope its a learning experience for all involved, and implement processes so this doesn't happen again. As I told the manager, this should been an easy and quick fix due to the posted policies with no excuses.

Even though the problem is fixed, this has definitely soured my view of BRS. I can't honestly say I can recommend them to anyone right now with what utter bull crap I had to deal with. This shouldn't of happened.

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Brs is usually on point with customer service IME. Glad it got worked out
My last order was 2021, then I stepped out of the hobby, then reordered 5k of basically everything except lights and calcium reactor. I did buy one g6 pro though. I never had an issue with them prior. It is extremely disheartening and rage inducing to have to go through something I shouldn't have to.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back