GHL ION Director initial impressions

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Received it Dec 22nd not impressed
Starts to measure ok do a water change and the probe goes down to like 49% so it won't test

I’ve seen someone else with a similar issue posted on another thread. They ran a couple of manual tests and the probe life went back up. The belief was that there was some air in the system.

That might not be your issue but it might be worth a try.

DrSamwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jim_fitz - 100 percent yes. I use to dose all equal on the tank it is on. Now the KH is dosing Aquaforest Compnent 2 while 1 and 3 are being controlled by the ION Director. The Ion is also adjusting nitraphos dosing also.
@Ditto Hi, Thanks for all this info. I just got my Ion Director and otherwise got it installed and configured but I wondered how did you manage to get the Ion to control Nitraphos dosing? I assume this is AF NitraPHos minus? Or equivalent? Both dosing control options *increase* dosing when control value drops, but in case of NitraPhos we would need to be able to reverse this. Like increase dosing with increasing Nitrate value. I can't see how this can be done?

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto Hi, Thanks for all this info. I just got my Ion Director and otherwise got it installed and configured but I wondered how did you manage to get the Ion to control Nitraphos dosing? I assume this is AF NitraPHos minus? Or equivalent? Both dosing control options *increase* dosing when control value drops, but in case of NitraPhos we would need to be able to reverse this. Like increase dosing with increasing Nitrate value. I can't see how this can be done?
I wouldn't control anything until you have a lot of confidence in the test results....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back