Ghl mitras LX7s. To now adding t5 hybrid

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my t5 hybrid arrives today. I decided to add it to make the par more even across entire 48" tank. On ends. I'm at 100par tops. In sand and in dead center of tank 180-200. I'd like to be 150-200 to maybe 200 so I can have acans and lps on sand and to help my two torches. The rock structures now are in 250par at the top of the rocks. My question on adding my t5s for the 6 hours peak I plan on. Beat way to do it

My lighting schedule is 9am to 9pm. It has I believe 8 hours or 8.5 hours of peak of my LEDs at 90%

Should I put my t5s on for 6 hours during that peak. And the. Lower my LEDs during that 6 hour peak to get my par to match the 250 at top of rocks or do I leave my LEDs where they are and just add t5 for a hour or 2 during peak. And over a 2 weeks add a hour and so on to my 6 hour t5 peak.

I left the rocks all coraless because I'm saving it for acropora. I just have a few acans, zoas, and 2 torches on sand bad right now. Torches are on end of tank at only like 100par. I wanna keep them on end but hoping to use t5 and LEDs to spread light out more even.

Thanks for suggestions ahead of time

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I added T5’s to my LED’s, I kept the LED’s where they were and slowly increased the T5 photoperiod. I started at 1/2 hour per day and added 1/2 hour every couple of weeks. It worked great. I always go very slow with lighting changes. You can probably go faster, especially with T5’s.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back