GHL PAB6E Powerbars have duplicate switch channels

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rookie here with GHL Profilux 4. Added two PAB6E powerbars as follows: Profilux 4e ->Powerbar One->Powerbar 2. PAB cables used between each device, so Powerbar One has two PAB cables, and the system terminates with Powerbar 2. However, the first outlet of each powerbar responds to Switch Channel 1. I.e. when I go to manual control and turn Switch Channel 1 ON, both Powerbars power Switch One On.

Both powerbars are shown in the System Settings as associated, and the proper channels are displayed.

Any thoughts on what's wrong and how to fix this?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Rephrasing: The switches on bar #2 probably didn't assign correctly. They should start at 7. Double check that, sometimes it doesn't save properly.

OP
OP
JAM-MAN

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Rephrasing: The switches on bar #2 probably didn't assign correctly. They should start at 7. Double check that, sometimes it doesn't save properly.
I think I didn't assign them properly....working on it now. Thanks. Not intuitive (yet) need to mind meld with GHL programmers...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you coming from Apex? The thought process is rather different in many areas.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a screenshot of how to do that, select the Powerbar you want to renumber then click Configuration.

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

OP
OP
JAM-MAN

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I missed (From the Resource Guide):
Adding more than one Powerbar 5.1 or Doser 2.1?
When connecting multiple PB5.1 or D2.1 devices, the numbering for each device must be assigned. To configure the numbering of these devices, select the PAB-device, click on CONFIGURATION, and set the Powerbar socket or dosing pump numbering. You can see how this is done by clicking the how-to video link above.
If you don't do this, you end up with 2 powerbars with the same numbering of outlets, i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6.

Added this before I saw Silver14SS comment. Thanks, that was the problem.

OP
OP
JAM-MAN

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you coming from Apex? The thought process is rather different in many areas.
No, use cheap remotely controllable outlets from Amazon you can program with Apple or Android devices. Pretty slick, albeit somewhat limited of course.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back