GHL Phone App Keeps Loosing Login Info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About every 2-3 weeks the GHL iPhone App keeps loosing my login information and acts like I need to do the initial login like its a brand new app. This problem seemed to start when the update that enabled push notifications came out. Has anybody else experienced this?

jaxcarnage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, only issue I have is the app not connecting right away. I have to close and open multiple times until it connects

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have had similar issue. Also stopped receiving push notifications even though enabled and also receiving some email notifications 2/3 times.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m on vacation at Disney World right now and this has happened twice. I have no idea why, but if you figure it out please let us know.

I don’t fully trust GHL so I have a few things redundantly plugged into a Kasa power strip as well (mainly the skimmer). Kasa strips have been extremely reliable. I have two Amcrest cameras under the cabinet so I can look around and check on things. The cameras also send me pictures every half hour so I can quickly glance at it throughout the day without needing to start any app. Skimmer is off at night.

BA6E8A9B-2CC6-4EFE-AE08-06B14B1FC6CC.png

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has happened to me in the past. Try deleting and re-installing the app.

OP
OP
TheGulag

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it went from every so often, one a week or so, to almost once a day happening now. Everyday I have to put in all my login information again like I'm connecting to the app for the first time. I have tried deleting the app on the phone and re-installing and that didn't help. At least once I log in it will pull my layout and everything in correctly. This is extremely frustrating!

@Vinny@GHLUSA any insight to this problem or what I can do?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it went from every so often, one a week or so, to almost once a day happening now. Everyday I have to put in all my login information again like I'm connecting to the app for the first time. I have tried deleting the app on the phone and re-installing and that didn't help. At least once I log in it will pull my layout and everything in correctly. This is extremely frustrating!

@Vinny@GHLUSA any insight to this problem or what I can do?
Did you open a support ticket for this?

pvis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same issue, for me the solution was to enable cookies for the default browser. I think this is because the GHL app is a web app instead of native and it relies on the default browser settings.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, when the OP gets a definitive answer from GHL they'll come back and let us know what they were told. It happens to me also. It's not the end of the world but I'd prefer not to have to log in every morning.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same issue, for me the solution was to enable cookies for the default browser. I think this is because the GHL app is a web app instead of native and it relies on the default browser settings.
The OP was referring to the iPhone app. If he was using a web browser, I can see where enabling cookies could help.

pvis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP was referring to the iPhone app. If he was using a web browser, I can see where enabling cookies could help.
This is for the iPhone app. The GHL app is just a wrapper around a webview and iOS uses the default browser to present the content. Your session data is stored by the browser in a cookie, so not allowing cookies or clearing them, resets your login.

OP
OP
TheGulag

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to update people in the thread. After contacting GHL they mentioned a few users having a similar issue and might have found the cause and a potential solution. I’m currently testing a beta build to help give them some feedback.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another day, another one of these…. Any update on a fix? I hate this thing. I can’t even get notifications consistently and I stopped trusting them.

B4DA6EAE-6B47-4681-949C-35F281FDC078.png

OP
OP
TheGulag

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another day, another one of these…. Any update on a fix? I hate this thing. I can’t even get notifications consistently and I stopped trusting them.

B4DA6EAE-6B47-4681-949C-35F281FDC078.png
So what has currently been working for me is going to the myghl website to access everything on my phone and that won’t actually loose the login info. Have been logged in now for roughly a month. I may have to click on my tank when I load the tab, the screen after the login screen, but have not had to enter the login info again.

As for the app I have been told that “it could“ be a result of your phone being very low on space. This was mentioned to me and I was surprised as my phone is low on space; I have not pulled stuff off my phone yet to open space then retry the app. Don’t quote me on that being the actual issue as just with any problem solving situation a lot ideas are presented and then crossed off or validated.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what has currently been working for me is going to the myghl website to access everything on my phone and that won’t actually loose the login info. Have been logged in now for roughly a month. I may have to click on my tank when I load the tab, the screen after the login screen, but have not had to enter the login info again.

As for the app I have been told that “it could“ be a result of your phone being very low on space. This was mentioned to me and I was surprised as my phone is low on space; I have not pulled stuff off my phone yet to open space then retry the app. Don’t quote me on that being the actual issue as just with any problem solving situation a lot ideas are presented and then crossed off or validated.

That sucks. Using the website is a deal breaker because I need the notifications to work… already got burned by this and had a sump overflow.

Definitely not space, see below. I got a new phone a couple months ago and the problem followed me, so I’m convinced it’s an account problem.

I’ll try another support ticket but sounds like that’s going to be a dead end.

E48E136D-B579-4598-8C34-1738CF807429.jpeg

OP
OP
TheGulag

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks. Using the website is a deal breaker because I need the notifications to work… already got burned by this and had a sump overflow.

Definitely not space, see below. I got a new phone a couple months ago and the problem followed me, so I’m convinced it’s an account problem.

I’ll try another support ticket but sounds like that’s going to be a dead end.

E48E136D-B579-4598-8C34-1738CF807429.jpeg
Space doesn’t seem to be the issue for you that’s for sure! For what it’s worth I currently have it setup to send me a text message via the GHL email server for alarms and other tank updates. This should get around any issues with the app notifications as it is working for me even though I have the app issues.

Its definitely frustrating for sure. I know it’s after the fact but there are some ways to setup failsafes to prevent a sump overflow in GHL, you might already know this but just wanted to say something if not.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Space doesn’t seem to be the issue for you that’s for sure! For what it’s worth I currently have it setup to send me a text message via the GHL email server for alarms and other tank updates. This should get around any issues with the app notifications as it is working for me even though I have the app issues.

Its definitely frustrating for sure. I know it’s after the fact but there are some ways to setup failsafes to prevent a sump overflow in GHL, you might already know this but just wanted to say something if not.
Yeah when I asked about better email options they told me I should be using notifications, so now here I am.

My sump overflow happened because a leak detector wasn’t working, it looked corroded when I opened it up. Had I got a notification I could have prevented it. Wasn’t a big deal though no harm done.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back