GHL Text Notification Issue

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, for the past year I have had my Profilux sending notifications to my iPhone through my Gmail account. For the past week however it has not been working. I have deleted all of the settings and reprogrammed the email notifications and it is still not working. I have reached out to GHL with no response and tried seeking help on the FB group. If I compose an email to my cell straight from Gmail it sends it which leads me to think this is a GHL issue. I am at my end with this. I love GHL hardware but the software issues I keep having and lack of support response are driving me near to going back to Apex...

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Ghl would be a heavy hitter if they fixed there software and programming issues. I have one of there dosers and I really like it. However I hate the hoops you need to jump thru to set it up. I have never been able to get there app to work. So I see why you may be tempted to go back to Neptune. I will admit that when I needed help they were very timely with help.

OP
OP
Njdevils1220

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Ghl would be a heavy hitter if they fixed there software and programming issues. I have one of there dosers and I really like it. However I hate the hoops you need to jump thru to set it up. I have never been able to get there app to work. So I see why you may be tempted to go back to Neptune. I will admit that when I needed help they were very timely with help.
Yeah if they would just sort the software it would be perfect. Push notifications should not be taking as long as it is for them to release. Everything is always "It's coming" for an answer yet it is never here.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I setup my own email account just for the GHL. Outlook. It works. Go to "sync" to get server info. Turn on pop.

This lets you:
1. Not mess with your own email account.
2. Logs and stores all communications in one place. (Sent emails and text messages recived in phone too). Pretty nice actually for looking at over time.
3. You can email your personal email account.
4. You can email text messages to yourself with your cell provider email to text feature.

Hope that helps...

KimG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had this problem was because I change the password for the email and did not change that in the profilux settings. I assume you checked for that since you reset all settings, but it took me some time to remember i had changed it

SillyReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering why everyone is jumping ship from Apex when ghl seems to have massive software issues and not as user friendly.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering why everyone is jumping ship from Apex when ghl seems to have massive software issues and not as user friendly.

Because the hardware is well made, actually works, and is reliable.... I just watched a video of Apex Dose spinning and dosing like it was possessed... The owner was terrified that pump could kill her tank by dumping two part into it, Neptune was not helpful, so she switched to GHL. In sum, there are not very many posts or videos of GHL hardware failing... The same cannot be said for Apex.

German product reliability versus Chinese product reliability basically is why people are switching IMO...

GHL software is not user friendly at first as you learn it. That i totally admit. I've had it for a few months now, and now can do the things i need with much effort however.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since no evidence has been provided to this point, these "massive" software issues must not exist. As far as usability, I do not find GHL to not be user friendly.
There are a few issues i have experienced, don't know if solved. For one, when i connect to GHL connect and activate manual control, it will seemingly randomly time out or the connect app will disconnect and turn whatever i had off back on.. not wonderful when pumps and tubing are not connected...

Also connecting is very slow and tedious and doesn't always connect. It's totally random.

All and all if the hardware doesn't fail, i'll put up with GHL software and usability issues..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back