Ghost Shrimp in Saltwater?

want2bsleepy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
225
Reaction score
226
Location
Eastern NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone successfully kept GS in their SW tank?

Also, are ghost shrimp and grass the same?
 
Most of the shrimp that you see labeled as such are brackish. The store that I work at, we from time to time get shipments in from florida of "saltwater" feeder shrimp. They certainly look the same as a grass or glass or ghost shrimp. We keep them in the sumps in our coral systems without any issues. Shrimp can be sensitive to acclimation so if you go for it I would suggest a long acclimation process.
 
Most of the shrimp that you see labeled as such are brackish. The store that I work at, we from time to time get shipments in from florida of "saltwater" feeder shrimp. They certainly look the same as a grass or glass or ghost shrimp. We keep them in the sumps in our coral systems without any issues. Shrimp can be sensitive to acclimation so if you go for it I would suggest a long acclimation process.
thanks so much! We need them for our frogfish, and either have to drive over an hour to our closest lfs, or catch them in the sound. It would be a lot easier to get a dozen or so at a time and acclimate them over to our salt water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new