Giant Hermit Crab

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking at a website when I saw giant hermit crabs. The species was Petrochirus diogenes. Has anyone had experience with hermits of this species?

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking at a website when I saw giant hermit crabs. The species was Petrochirus diogenes. Has anyone had experience with hermits of this species?
That looks like a monster. I could see it in a huge fowlr tank but other than that… woof. Even my small hermits get banished to the LFS once they get golf ball sized.

Amethyst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a huge one I got at the beach and kept in my tank for a few months before he escaped. They are so intelligent and recognize your face and can get your trust, I don't know species but that one looks like any ol one at the beach like the one I got. The one I had was a female even though I call her a he, the one on the website looks like a male hermit crab because the claws but I don't think theres a difference.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back