Giant Hermit Crab

  • Thread starter Thread starter krollins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So I was looking at a website when I saw giant hermit crabs. The species was Petrochirus diogenes. Has anyone had experience with hermits of this species?
https://coralsanonymous.com/collect...oducts/giant-hermit-crab-petrochirus-diogenes
i had a huge one I got at the beach and kept in my tank for a few months before he escaped. They are so intelligent and recognize your face and can get your trust, I don't know species but that one looks like any ol one at the beach like the one I got. The one I had was a female even though I call her a he, the one on the website looks like a male hermit crab because the claws but I don't think theres a difference.
 
Yeah, I have a golf ball sized one in my tank. He has not hurt my snails so I think I will keep him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new