Giesemann Aurora LED/T5 Hybrid Par Readings

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case it helps anyone considering this light, here are my par readings at peak power with the fixture about 7" off the water. I'm running a 60" Aurora on a 71" (l) x 24" (w) x 22" (d) tank. All reading were taken with an Apogee MQ-510.

T5 bulbs: 1x Aquablue Coral, 1x Aquablue Azure, 1x Super Purple, 1x Super Actinic.

Aurora Lighting Only with all channels at 100%
PARNOBLUE .jpg

Aurora plus 60" Reef Bright Actinic XHO LED bar mounted to front of aurora at 100%.
PARBLUE.jpg
IMG_20180811_150910.jpg

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, thank you for the information:)

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not do the test with the LEDs at 100%?

Because the whites were way overpowering so I was trying to back them off to get some blue tint at peak daylight. I was testing par for my specific light setting for coral placement more so than a general max test. Even at 85% on white LED its still way too white for my liking so I added an actinic Reefbright xho strip to the front of my Aurora. Much better now!

However, I'll get some revised readings up at 100% on all channels and with the reef bright strip in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the whites were way overpowering so I was trying to back them off to get some blue tint at peak daylight. I was testing par for my specific light setting for coral placement more so than a general max test. Even at 85% on white LED its still way too white for my liking so I added an actinic Reefbright xho strip to the front of my Aurora. Much better now!

However, I'll get some revised readings up at 100% on all channels and with the reef bright strip in the coming weeks.
What T5 bulbs are you running? By the way, thanks for the data. I'm about to do almost the same set up.

OP
OP
CMO

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original post has been updated with new readings. 1 set with aurora only at 100% on all channels and the other with aurora at 100% + Reef Bright XHO Actinic LED strip at 100%.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 52 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.1%
Back