jporter17 ELOS 120XL

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never done a build thread so thought I would give it a try.
My setup consists of the following:
ELOS 120 XL - 48"Wx31.5"Dx19"tall
ELOS standard stand
Royal Exclusiv Dream Box
RE skimmer, return pump
Reef Brite 36" MH fixture 2x250W DE 14K Phoenix. I have modified this fixture to include 4 T5 Blue+, 2 RB XHO strips and a moon light in the center. This was a fun project using 1" T-Slot.

IMG_4299.JPG

I have not measured PAR, but assume it's plenty. The fixture hangs from the ceiling using 20lb fishing line and it appears to float in the air. (JK)
Here is a picture of the tank before water as I designed the rock layout.

IMG_7938.JPG

IMG_8032.JPG

The rocks have changed a little over time with the growth of corals. It was all dry rock that I cycled for a few months before adding anything live, other than bacteria.
Here is a picture of the sump and inside the stand.

IMG_5859.JPG

I use a CO2 scrubber during the summer and it will be removed soon. I run all my return water back to the tank through a 57W AquaUV sterilizer. I have a Profilux P4 system for control and dosing. I am currently using the BRS/TM hybrid balling technique and getting good results. I mix 5G batches of All, CA, and PartC. I dose very little Magnesium.
Below is a current picture via my jPhone 6S with no filters.

IMG_5860.JPG

The glass could use some cleaning but I thought it would be appropriate to post something current. I have many fish, mostly anthias. I have a few tangs consisting of a Gem, Blue Eye Kole, Blue tang and a recently added clown tang. There are three dotty backs that get along. An Electric Blue, Elongated, and a Neon. There is a pair of Mocha storms, a royal gramma, and starki damsel. A few pistol shrimps and a spotted watchman goby. A male and female mandarin goby, a pink streak wrasse and a Pygmy wrasse. I have a blue star leopard wrasse that announces sleep time every evening with a dust storm as he buries himself. Probably leaving some out but you get the idea on fish stock.
I have a lot of SPS, LPS, and softies. Several from Bill B, WWC, MACNA, and local swaps. Some items I bought during trips.
I started with tiny frags and did my best to leave enough room for grow out. For the most part it's working but I do have one acro thats about the size of a large dinner plate thats going to need to be trimmed soon. I have an Avast Plank auto feeder that runs every two hours during the day to dispense a small amount of pellets and freeze dried foods. There is a feeding frenzy below the tube when it runs. I also try and feed a sheet of Nori every few days and put a piece of frozen food in every day or so. All the fish are fat and happy, kind of like me.
The return flow goes through a couple RFG (Thanks Antonio) and in addition I run 2 Tunze 6095's attached to sea sweeps. These rotate 90 degrees and produce a great random flow. These replace 5 MP-40's I ran for a few years. I have two 6" fans to control temperature and it never raises above 79 degrees in the summer. I do put in a 300W heater for the winter months to keep the tank from getting too cool at night.
The tank is pretty much in auto-drive at the moment and allows me to just sit and enjoy it. I test my water very infrequent and adjust dosing accordingly. I have a Spectrapure 1:1 RODI system in the garage that automatically keeps my 65G reservoir filled. I also use their Ultra Precise ATO system. I will be moving the water mixing station soon and will finally be connecting my SW reservoir to perform auto water changes. I don't do any regular water changes, the last being a few months ago.
Not sure what else to add, but feel free to reach out with questions and I'll do my best to answer. JP

Paul.martin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the Quietdrain? is it quiet? Do you trust it will handle an obstruction without creating a flood?
Thanks

Back