Giesemann Aurora V12 is the new Hypercar of LED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They've added a "DeepBlue" option for the extra strips in the matrix section with these leds (the columns are the 36", 48" and 60" sizes):
UV I 400nm - 410nm21 per module27 per module36 per module
Deep Blue | 440nm - 450nm28 per module36 per module48 per module
Ocean Blue I 465nm - 480nm98 per module126 per module168 per module

It should add a good amount of blue pop for those who think its a bit white in the standard setup (like me).

Tempted to bite the bullet and buy two 36" units.
I still wanna see more on it before I go down that route… like a nice clean video on both lights demonstrating everything about it.. no doubt it’s going to be nice, just need more info at the moment..

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I still wanna see more on it before I go down that route… like a nice clean video on both lights demonstrating everything about it.. no doubt it’s going to be nice, just need more info at the moment..
I think @Viking_Reefing did a pretty good job showing the software and how the light looks on video. Giesemann's quality, fit and finish are well established so I don't have any worries about how well it is constructed. The unknown is how the light looks to the naked eye. We can go learn quite a bit from the breakdown of the led's but until one gets here and we can see it firsthand, or there are enough of them in the wild that we can get a larger set of reviews, its a bit of a gamble. That's why I'm on the fence.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think @Viking_Reefing did a pretty good job showing the software and how the light looks on video. Giesemann's quality, fit and finish are well established so I don't have any worries about how well it is constructed. The unknown is how the light looks to the naked eye. We can go learn quite a bit from the breakdown of the led's but until one gets here and we can see it firsthand, or there are enough of them in the wild that we can get a larger set of reviews, its a bit of a gamble. That's why I'm on the fence.
Oh I agree, just need to see more as I am on the fence as well.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received an email from Giesemann stating that they can now ship for 270 euro instead of the previous quote of 740 euro (I'm looking at 2 of the 36" units). Still expensive but when you consider that any US distributor is going to factor shipping into its price as well as a profit margin, the all in price directly from Giesemann is probably close to as good as it will get. The warranty/service risk is still there but these lights appear to be fairly modular and likely can be serviced remotely with puck/module replacements avoiding the need to ship the entire unit.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an email from Giesemann stating that they can now ship for 270 euro instead of the previous quote of 740 euro (I'm looking at 2 of the 36" units). Still expensive but when you consider that any US distributor is going to factor shipping into its price as well as a profit margin, the all in price directly from Giesemann is probably close to as good as it will get. The warranty/service risk is still there but these lights appear to be fairly modular and likely can be serviced remotely with puck/module replacements avoiding the need to ship the entire unit.
That’s a way better shipping price, you are right with the warranty they told me if I had any issues I wouldn’t have to send the whole light just the part needing fixing.

I might have to email them back and see if the shipping price went down for me as well. I’m looking at getting the 60” maxed out.

They did say we would be hearing something “soon” about US distribution .. and you’re right it might end up being the same price buying it here versus being shipped .

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a way better shipping price, you are right with the warranty they told me if I had any issues I wouldn’t have to send the whole light just the part needing fixing.

I might have to email them back and see if the shipping price went down for me as well. I’m looking at getting the 60” maxed out.

They did say we would be hearing something “soon” about US distribution .. and you’re right it might end up being the same price buying it here versus being shipped .
Speaking with my contact within giesemann I can tell you that US distribution looks very promising and should be announced any day now. Obviously I can’t give you guys hard dates but it’s moving forward at least :)

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got an updated quote for 2 36" units maxed out with the deep blue matrix modules. They cost the same as 4 radions but will provide the coverage of 5 or 6. I'd say that's pretty good.
@Viking_Reefing , have you done a par measurements under your V12? How are your SPS responding since you've had the fixture installed? It been a few weeks now, you might have a better sense of it. Have they held their color, or changed at all?

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got an updated quote for 2 36" units maxed out with the deep blue matrix modules. They cost the same as 4 radions but will provide the coverage of 5 or 6. I'd say that's pretty good.
@Viking_Reefing , have you done a par measurements under your V12? How are your SPS responding since you've had the fixture installed? It been a few weeks now, you might have a better sense of it. Have they held their color, or changed at all?
Yeah I have. I mention the results in my YouTube video but about where I have my highest minted corals I’m getting about 500-550 par measured with an apogee par meter. I believe I mention the other values throughout the tank as well.

My alk consumption has gone up since mounting the v12 which is real surprising as I’ve always been a tad skeptical agains LEDs and color has gotten a tad better as well. However, I had an iodine spike some months back that really did a number on my corals so the improvement in color might just be due to time as well.

I talk a bit more about it here in my latest update video at around the 9 minute mark:

OliverB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all:)

My name is Oliver and I am the head of sales for Giesemann in Europe. At this point, many thanks to Viking Reefing for your effort to answer all the questions.

I am glad about the interest in our V12.

An explanation to the question when we will deliver our products in North and South America again: Soon:D

So the onboarding has started and very soon our products will be available for you. A new commercial partnership is always a bit more complex when talking about overseas business. Agreements have to be made, contracts have to be signed, products might have to be adapted as well.

Our exclusive trading partner for North and South America will be Aperture Pet & Life and therefore also Bulk Reef Supply.

Many greetings from Germany

Oliver

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super glad to hear BRS got the distribution for these! I talked to Ryan B about these lights when I first saw them announced. Hope to see them soon!

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My name is Oliver and I am the head of sales for Giesemann in Europe. At this point, many thanks to Viking Reefing for your effort to answer all the questions.

An explanation to the question when we will deliver our products in North and South America again: Soon:D

So the onboarding has started and very soon our products will be available for you. A new commercial partnership is always a bit more complex when talking about overseas business. Agreements have to be made, contracts have to be signed, products might have to be adapted as well.

Our exclusive trading partner for North and South America will be Aperture Pet & Life and therefore also Bulk Reef Supply.

Oliver

Is it only the V12 model or any other models to be offered?

OliverB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it only the V12 model or any other models to be offered?
Of course we would be happy if other products from Giesemann would also find some fans in the USA.

In addition to the V12, three completely new products are also coming from us in the USA. :)
MINOX LED WRGB Aquariumbeleuchtung Giesemann 1.jpg
Teszla_evo_2400x2400.png

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I have. I mention the results in my YouTube video but about where I have my highest minted corals I’m getting about 500-550 par measured with an apogee par meter. I believe I mention the other values throughout the tank as well.

My alk consumption has gone up since mounting the v12 which is real surprising as I’ve always been a tad skeptical agains LEDs and color has gotten a tad better as well. However, I had an iodine spike some months back that really did a number on my corals so the improvement in color might just be due to time as well.

I talk a bit more about it here in my latest update video at around the 9 minute mark:

Hey by any chance do you have a video just in blue how the tank looks. Thanks

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oliver
Finally the cats out of the bag ;)
Hey by any chance do you have a video just in blue how the tank looks. Thanks
Perhaps somewhere on Instagram if you wanna try scrolling through everything lol.
Honestly I don’t really like the look of all blues so I don’t have that as a part of my light schedule.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally the cats out of the bag ;)

Perhaps somewhere on Instagram if you wanna try scrolling through everything lol.
Honestly I don’t really like the look of all blues so I don’t have that as a part of my light schedule.
Totally understand not liking. I was just curious what the spectrum looks like under blues and violets. I know giesemann use to run little more greenish in the blue spectrum. Was curious

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back