Giesemann Aurora V12 is the new Hypercar of LED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
problem is i dont think giesemann has any distributers in the US anymore. I think coralvue was their distributer before but not sure. I used to use a giesemann matrix t5 and it was a great looking fixture
CoralVue was very evasive with me when I contacted them recently about a part for the Stellar. They had it listed online and I ordered it; then they contacted me saying it was out of stock. After searching for the part elsewhere online I learned that other US vendors ordered Giesemann items directly from CoralVue. After more back and forth with CV asking when the part would be back in stock, they finally said they no are no longer a Giesemann distributor and are just selling their remaining stock.

Of course when I contacted Giesemann directly, they said CV is the only US distributor. And, the item I was looking for is still being made and was available from them... but $75 shipping for a $25 part wasn't in my budget :/

I believe CV is dropping a lot of products and focusing on the Hydros, etc...

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, I got the maxed out price. And it still wasn’t bad shipping is what got me. And if we buy and ever have to send It in for service we pay again..
That’s the same concern I had. How would warranty and repairs work? Or worse, what if it arrives damaged? Seems like they need to get a US distributor because I think they would get a lot of interest.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the same concern I had. How would warranty and repairs work? Or worse, what if it arrives damaged? Seems like they need to get a US distributor because I think they would get a lot of interest.
Same here. Not to Mention how long everything would take. I did ask the direct question about the US distributor.. waiting for that response.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d be pretty shocked to not see at least one US company bring this in. I’d suspect it is Giesemann holding up any kind of distribution deal. They seem to have had issues with this over the last little while. Like the American market isn’t lucrative enough or something

JSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering it as well.

They are good at responding to email.

Posted prices are accurate, then there are customs fees and 500-600euro shipping.

Looked into shipping if a local purchased - not much better.

Its a lot, but frankly if spread, coverage, and looks are as good as I'd expect; its typically of higher end lighting.
Total shipped for a 48'' fixture is just under cost of two ATI Stratons.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering it as well.

They are good at responding to email.

Posted prices are accurate, then there are customs fees and 500-600euro shipping.

Looked into shipping if a local purchased - not much better.

Its a lot, but frankly if spread, coverage, and looks are as good as I'd expect; its typically of higher end lighting.
Total shipped for a 48'' fixture is just under cost of two ATI Stratons.
I’m still trying to talk myself out of buying it.. lol

I’m looking at getting the 60” maxed out version which is about the same shipping cost and maybe add one more straton. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I asked about them being sold in the United States.. and both times did not get an answer.. I also asked about servicing the light and even under warranty you would have to pay for shipping back to Germany.

arafas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Giesemann said check out their IG for videos there’s one. Of Vikings reef tank.. and it’s 11 sec.
Ye I asked the guy to show corals under blues he said they look good and put smile face. So maybe they just keeping under cover for now until they figure out what they going to do.

JSR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still trying to talk myself out of buying it.. lol

I’m looking at getting the 60” maxed out version which is about the same shipping cost and maybe add one more straton. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I asked about them being sold in the United States.. and both times did not get an answer.. I also asked about servicing the light and even under warranty you would have to pay for shipping back to Germany.
What sz tank you lighting?
Wonder if it would be cheaper to pack a few together and figure out splitting it up in the states

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back