Giesemann Aurora V12 review

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont they have the new stellar led fixture that you can add your leds to it the old stellar was a hybrid t5

smklaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone in the U.S. bought an Aurora of any size?
I've had it for almost 6 months, but unfortunately, still waiting on my house to be ready for the install. I will be updating.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4944.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4944.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 75
  • thumbnail_IMG_4945.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4945.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 77

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this compare to the Aurora V8? Do you prefer full LED or hybrid?

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t see the other thread and as folks have been asking (and it’s now official): BRS will be the distributor for giesemann products in the US :)

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's disappointing........... it would have been nice to have larger distribution than just BRS. Was hoping for something similar to what ATI does as far as availability.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's disappointing........... it would have been nice to have larger distribution than just BRS. Was hoping for something similar to what ATI does as far as availability.
How so? Granted I have no idea how the us market works but from my understanding BRS/aperture distributes a number of brands like Aquaforest, DD, maxspect etc. are they only available through brs? Pardon my ignorance.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know if they will distribute to other vendors but they are owned by a venture capital group and since being taken over they aren't the same company.

They also tend to charge higher prices than other on line vendors and also charge sales tax.

Sales tax for me runs 7.25% so anything bought from them gets taxed. There are many other online vendors that don't charge sales tax.

SGV - Bluestar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t see the other thread and as folks have been asking (and it’s now official): BRS will be the distributor for giesemann products in the US :)
When?? Is it just Aurora V12? or they brining back the halide? I'm looking to place a order to replace my T5 in few month.

OP
OP
Viking_Reefing

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When?? Is it just Aurora V12? or they brining back the halide? I'm looking to place an order to replace my T5 in few month.
No real idea but should be fairly soon. I know that there will be several giesemann products apart from the v12. However, I’m just a dude who happens to know some folks. It’s not like I work for either so I don’t know the details. My advice would be to reach out to giesemann and ask :)

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wander if they will do a video review of the Aurora V12. They never bothered with the ATI T5 Hybrids even though they were probably best light ever made for coral growth up to that point. Its almost as if they didn't want to promote them. I wander why :thinking-face:.

I guess when your business model is based around selling little pucks and a big heavy unit like the ATI hybrids comes out that blasts up to 1000 par evenly spread across the entire tank for price of two of your little pucks its not a good idea lol.

Bill333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the status of Giesemann's distribution in the US? I don't see the Aurora V12 or any current Giesemann products listed on the BRS web site. I also emailed Giesemann a week ago asking about their distribution in the US and didn't get a reply.

I need to pull the trigger on a light pretty soon and I'd like it to be the V12, but I won't do it if there's no support network in the US.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back