Giesemann Spectra 72" WEIGHT

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked over multiple vendors trying to find a spec sheet on the weight of this unit, but for the life of me I can't find anything.

Does anyone know roughly how much this unit weighs? Looking for hanging options and what makes sense since I don't have studs/joists positioned ideally above my tank.

Thanks!

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked over multiple vendors trying to find a spec sheet on the weight of this unit, but for the life of me I can't find anything.

Does anyone know roughly how much this unit weighs? Looking for hanging options and what makes sense since I don't have studs/joists positioned ideally above my tank.

Thanks!
Looks like it’s roughly 36-1/2 lbs.
https://www.giesemann.us/SPECTRA.html

Tumey

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted my 48" with the Giesemann wall brackets using heavy duty toggle bolts because the wall studs didn't line up. Works great. You will love the Spectra.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2019-1-14_8-14-30.png

OP
OP
Aaron-A2

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted my 48" with the Giesemann wall brackets using heavy duty toggle bolts because the wall studs didn't line up. Works great. You will love the Spectra.

Do you think there would be an issue using toggle bolts from the ceiling (3/8+) on standard drywall with this fixture? Based on internet calculations, it SHOULD be able to support much more, but hanging anything from drywall is a bit iffy lol.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think there would be an issue using toggle bolts from the ceiling (3/8+) on standard drywall with this fixture? Based on internet calculations, it SHOULD be able to support much more, but hanging anything from drywall is a bit iffy lol.
I would think it would work. Toggle bolts have weight ratings. I would use toggle bolts way overrated for the application to be safe. I think the ones I used where rated for 90 lbs.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back